food interaction for UNITROCIN
alcohol interaction for UNITROCIN
pregnancy interaction for UNITROCIN
lactation interaction for UNITROCIN
medicine interaction for UNITROCIN
Avoid Unitrocin 125mg dry syrup with tyramine-rich food such as cheese, smoked fish, meats and some types of beer.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR UNITROCIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR UNITROCIN
- SYNCLAR DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Cipla LtdRs. 4.21/ML of dry syrupRs. 126.32pay 25% more per ML of dry syrup
- CLARINOVA 125 MG DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 4.21/ML of dry syrupRs. 126.31pay 25% more per ML of dry syrup
- KLARIM DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Morepen Laboratories LtdRs. 4.22/ML of dry syrupRs. 126.50pay 25% more per ML of dry syrup
- CLOFF 125 MG DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.21/ML of dry syrupRs. 126.31pay 25% more per ML of dry syrup
Expert advice FOR UNITROCIN
- Do not start or continue the clarithromycin tablets/suspension and consult your doctor, if you are allergic to clarithromycin or any macrolide antibiotic (ex. azithromycin,).
- Do not start or continue the clarithromycin tablets/suspension, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not start or continue the clarithromycin tablets/suspension, if you develop severe or prolonged diarrhea during or after receiving clarithromycin.
- If clarithromycin tablets make you feel dizzy, do not drive, operate machinery or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Frequently asked questions FOR UNITROCIN
Q. Is clarithromycin a penicillin, antibiotic, or a fluoroquinolone?
Clarithromycin is a macrolide antibiotic, not a penicillin or fluoroquinolone
Q. Is clarithromycin safe?
Clarithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take clarithromycin for bacterial vaginosis, tooth infection, bladder infection, acne and cystitis?
Clarithromycin can be used to treat bacterial vaginosis unless resistance has not been developed against clindamycin or any macrolide antibiotic (clarithromycin, azithromycin, etc.)
Q. Is clarithromycin gluten free or contain sulfa?
Clarithromycin is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use. Clarithromycin is not a sulfa drug/does not contain sulpha
Q. Can I take clarithromycin with amoxicillin, paracetamol, ibuprofen, omeprazole, metronidazole or Nyquil?
Yes clarithromycin can be taken with amoxicillin, paracetamol, ibuprofen, omeprazole, metronidazole or Nyquil. Always consult your physician before use
Q. Does clarithromycin cause drowsiness, insomnia, or thrush?
Clarithromycin does not cause drowsiness when taken as prescribed. But, it may cause insomnia (sleeplessness) and thrush (infection of mouth caused by candida fungus)
Q. Does clarithromycin affect birth control?
When taken with birth control pills, clarithromycin does not affect birth control.