Substitutes for UNIDEP TABLET SR
ATYDEP 150MG TABLET SR
Ikon Pharmachem Pvt Ltd
BULET 150MG TABLET SR
Tripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd
ZUPION 150MG TABLET SR
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
BUPEP 150MG TABLET SR
SMOQUIT 150MG TABLET SR
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Medicine Overview of UNIDEP TABLET SR
Side effects of UNIDEP TABLET SR
Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Allergic reaction, Impaired concentration, Sweating, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Altered taste, Abdominal pain, Agitation, Anxiety, Fever, Constipation, Tremor.
How to use UNIDEP TABLET SR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Unidep 150mg tablet sr at a fixed time.
How UNIDEP TABLET SR works
Unidep 150mg tablet sr works in depression by increasing the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating mood. The mechanism underlying its use in smoking addiction are not fully understood.
In Depth Information on UNIDEP TABLET SR
Expert advice for UNIDEP TABLET SR
- Tell your doctor if you have history of head injury, alcohol abuse, diabetes or stimulants or anorectic products use.
- There should be an interval of at least 8 hours between successive doses of bupropion.
- You may suffer from insomnia while on bupropion therapy. You can reduce its incidence by avoiding to take this medicine during bedtime (while maintaining at least 8 hours gap between doses).
- Bupropion should be used with caution in the elderly, patients with hepatic/renal impairment.
- You should not exceed the recommended dose of bupropion, since bupropion is associated with a dose-related risk of fits (seizures).
- Blood pressure should be monitored at regular intervals in patients with high blood pressure.
- Inform your doctor about taking bupropion if you are scheduled to have urine tests.
- Bupropion may cause dizziness/light-headedness, affecting your concentration and judgement. If affected, don’t drive or operate machinery till you feel fine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for UNIDEP 150MG TABLET SR
Unidep 150mg tablet sr may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Unidep 150mg tablet sr may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution should be advised in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
RIMAREX 300MG CAPSULE, SERENACE 5MG INJECTION 1ML, EPSOLIN 50MG/2ML INJECTION, PAROPEX 12.5MG TABLET CR
If you miss a dose of Bupropion, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for UNIDEP 150MG TABLET SR
Frequently asked questions for Bupropion
Q. Is bupropion an SSRI/MAOI/a narcotic/an antidepressant/a tricyclic antidepressant?
Bupropion is an antidepressant drug and not an SSRI/MAOI/a narcotic/a tricyclic antidepressant
Q. Is bupropion a stimulant/addictive?
Bupropion is not a stimulant/addictive if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is bupropion safe?
Bupropion is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is bupropion an amphetamine?
Bupropion is not an amphetamine. Bupropion is an antidepressant medication whereas amphetamine is a stimulant and an appetite suppressant
Q. Is bupropion a controlled substance?
Bupropion is not a controlled substance
Q. Can I take bupropion for anxiety?
Bupropion along with motivational support is used to stop smoking in nicotine dependent patients. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/Xanax/Tylenol/Sudafed with bupropion?
Bupropion can be taken with ibuprofen/Xanax/Tylenol/Sudafed. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does bupropion cause hair loss/make you tired/make you gain weight/cause acne/make you high/cause drowsiness?
These side effects are rare or uncommon with bupropion use. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms and stop taking bupropion immediately
Q. Does bupropion contain monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)?
Bupropion does not contain monoamine oxidase inhibitor.