food interaction for TRYMAX
alcohol interaction for TRYMAX
pregnancy interaction for TRYMAX
lactation interaction for TRYMAX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TRYMAX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TRYMAXNo substitutes found
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for TRYMAX
- Do not take the triamterene if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine or to sulfonamide class of drugs.
- Do not take the triamterene if you have serious liver or kidney disorder; Addison’s disease; high levels of potassium in your blood (hyperkalemia); diabetes mellitus, excess uric acid in the body (gout) or deficiency of folic acid.
- Do not start or continue triamterene if you have enlarged prostate or difficulty in passing urine.
- Avoid using triamterene if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
Frequently asked questions for TRYMAX
Q.Is triamterene beta-blocker/ACE inhibitor/sulfa drug/ calcium-channel blocker/ blood thinner /thiazide diuretic?
No. Triamterene is not a beta-blocker/ACE inhibitor/sulfa drug/ blood thinner/thiazide diuretic. It is a potassium sparing diuretic
Q.Is triamterene safe?
Yes. Triamterene is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Can I take triamterene with Benadryl, Advil or phentermine?
Triamterene should not be taken with Benadryl (diphenhydramine) or Advil (ibuprofen). It can be taken with phentermine only if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Does triamterene cause weight loss, weight gain, erectile dysfunction, low blood pressure or constipation?
Triamterene may cause weight gain, low blood pressure or erectile dysfunction. Triamterene alone is not expected to cause weight loss or constipation (unless taken in combination with hydrochlorothiazide). If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.