food interaction for TOSEC
alcohol interaction for TOSEC
pregnancy interaction for TOSEC
lactation interaction for TOSEC
medicine interaction for TOSEC
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TOSEC
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR TOSEC
- DYTOR 10 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 3.54/tabletRs. 53.10pay 79% more per tablet
- TIDE 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.70/tabletRs. 37pay 87% more per tablet
- RETORLIX 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 3.70/tabletRs. 37pay 87% more per tablet
- TOR 10 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.97/tabletRs. 44.50pay 50% more per tablet
- TORSINEX 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 3.50/tabletRs. 35pay 77% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR TOSEC
- Inform your doctor about the other medications that you are taking, especially if they are drugs for controlling blood pressure or diabetes, or if you are taking corticosteroids.
- Continue taking the medicine even if you start feeling well. Do not stop taking the drug without consulting your doctor.
- Check your blood pressure one week after starting the drug and consult your doctor if it has not improved.
- Do not take torasemide if you are allergic to it or to drugs of the sulfonylurea class used to treat diabetes (e.g. glibenclamide, glipizide).
- Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR TOSEC
Q. What is Dytor and what is it used for?
Dytor (Torasemide) is a drug from “Loop diuretic” class which is used to manage high blood pressure, swelling in the body (edema), especially in liver, kidney or heart failure
Q. Is torasemide safe?
Torasemide is a relatively safe drug if used in prescribed dose and for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does torasemide have any serious side effects?
Torasemide is known to cause liver toxicity and increase in blood urea, creatinine and cholesterol values in rare cases.