Information about Tobramycin
Tobramycin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Tobramycin works
Tobramycin is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of Tobramycin
Ototoxicity, Neurotoxicity, Kidney damage
Available Medicine for Tobramycin
TobaSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
TobacinAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹50 to ₹1184 variant(s)
TobastarMankind Pharma Ltd
₹52 to ₹572 variant(s)
NebracinSunways India Pvt Ltd
₹44 to ₹482 variant(s)
EyebrexAllergan India Pvt Ltd
TobarenIndoco Remedies Ltd
TobracidEntod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹52 to ₹592 variant(s)
ObraSyntho Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹55 to ₹682 variant(s)
TojawaJawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹55 to ₹832 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tobramycin
- Your doctor has prescribed Tobramycin to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- It is given as a drip (intravenous infusion) or as an injection directly into a vein or a muscle.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Tobramycin may cause dizziness.
- Your doctor may get regular blood, urine, or hearing tests while you are on this medication.
- Your doctor will ensure that you are well hydrated before and during treatment with this medicine.
- Discontinue Tobramycin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.