Information about Tobramycin
Tobramycin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How tobramycin works
Tobramycin is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of tobramycin
Ototoxicity, Neurotoxicity, Kidney damage
Available Medicine for Tobramycin
- ₹99Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹100Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹48Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹102Alcon Laboratories2 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹41Sunways India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹89Allergan India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹74Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹52Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹68Syntho Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹55 to ₹84Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tobramycin
- Your doctor has prescribed Tobramycin to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- It is given as a drip (intravenous infusion) or as an injection directly into a vein or a muscle.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Tobramycin may cause dizziness.
- Your doctor may get regular blood, urine, or hearing tests while you are on this medication.
- Your doctor will ensure that you are well hydrated before and during treatment with this medicine.
- Discontinue Tobramycin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
Frequently asked questions for Tobramycin
Q. How long does Tobramycin takes to work?
Usually, Tobramycin starts working soon after taking it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Tobramycin?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Your doctor may increase the dose of Tobramycin or switch you to an alternate option, which may work for you. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.
Q. Can I stop taking Tobramycin if I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Tobramycin and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.