food interaction for TOPIN
alcohol interaction for TOPIN
pregnancy interaction for TOPIN
lactation interaction for TOPIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TOPIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TOPIN
- ATROSUN 1% EYE DROPS(3 ML eye drop in packet)Sunways India Pvt LtdRs. 5.07/ML of eye dropRs. 15.20pay 56% more per ML of eye drop
- ATROPINE 1% EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Pharmatak Opthalmics Pvt LtdRs. 3.12/ML of eye dropRs. 15.60save 4% more per ML of eye drop
- ATROMET 1% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2.39/ML of eye dropRs. 11.97save 26% more per ML of eye drop
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Varun GogiaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Dheeraj GuptaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for TOPIN
- Do not start or continue atropine, in any form if you are allergic to atropine or any other ingredients of the medicine.
- Do not start or continue atropine eye drops if you wear soft contact lenses; if you have increased pressure in the eyes (glaucoma); fever or increased heart rate.
- Do not start or continue atropine tablets if you have a condition called pyloric stenosis characterize with difficulty for food to move from stomach into the small intestine causing pain or vomiting; or acid reflux with heartburn (gastro-oesophageal reflux) and diarrhea.
- Avoid taking atropine if you have urinary retention, high blood pressure, any heart problem including weak heart, or high thyroid hormone level.
- Do not take this drug if you have rare hereditary problems of intolerance to done or more types of sugar (including galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption.)
- Do not drink alcohol while taking atropine in any form.
- Atropine can cause visual disturbances, giddiness and staggering and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Frequently asked questions for TOPIN
Q.Is atropine a controlled substance?
No, it is available as prescription drug
Q.Is atropine a beta blocker /calcium channelblocker/adrenaline/ parasympathomimetic/vasopressor?
No, atropine belongs to class of medication called as anticholinergics or cholinergic antagonist
Q.Is atropine an agonist or antagonist?
Atropine is an antagonist of cholinergic receptors
Q.Is atropine a narcotic drug?
No, it is not a narcotic. However, it is often available in combination with drugs that have abuse potential
Q.Does atropine increase blood pressure/decrease heart rate/sedation/urinary retention/increase contractility?
Atropine decreases heart rate and increases blood pressure; It causes urinary retention as well as decreased contractility of gut and urinary bladder muscles. It does not cause sedation, on the contrary, it causes excitation, sleeplessness and agitation
Q.Does atropine cross placenta?
Yes, small amount of atropine can cause placenta. Always follow your doctor’s advice regarding its use
Q.Does atropine block activity of acetylcholine /nicotinic receptor?
Yes, atropine acts by inhibiting the activity of acetylcholine on muscarinic and nicotinic receptors.