Information about Rivastigmine
Rivastigmine is used in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease.
How Rivastigmine works
Memory loss in Alzheimer’s disease occurs due to disturbances of signal transmission in the brain. Rivastigmine is a cholinesterase inhibitor. It works by increasing the levels of a chemical messenger (acetylcholine) involved in transmmission of nerve signals. This improves memory and thinking.
Common side effects of Rivastigmine
Nausea, Vomiting, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Rivastigmine
ExelonNovartis India Ltd
₹73 to ₹52809 variant(s)
RivamerSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹108 to ₹1903 variant(s)
Exelon TtsEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
RivaplastZuventus Healthcare Ltd
RitasTas Med India Pvt Ltd
₹95 to ₹1302 variant(s)
₹44 to ₹842 variant(s)
₹46 to ₹1074 variant(s)
VeloxanTaj Pharma India Ltd
RivastinaCortina Laboratories Pvt Ltd
RivademTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹57 to ₹652 variant(s)
Expert advice for Rivastigmine
- You have been prescribed Rivastigmine to slow down the progression of Alzheimer's disease.
- It does not cure Alzheimer's disease but may help improve brain function and ability to do daily activities.
- It may cause diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. Drink plenty of fluids to keep yourself hydrated while taking Rivastigmine.
- Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Rivastigmine affects you.
- Be cautious while taking this medicine if you suffer from peptic ulcer as it may cause vomiting, stomach bleeding, stomach pain, or discomfort.
- Inform your doctor if you experience seizures or convulsions while taking this medicine.