Information about Rivastigmine
Rivastigmine is used in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease.
How rivastigmine works
Memory loss in Alzheimer’s disease occurs due to disturbances of signal transmission in the brain. Rivastigmine is a cholinesterase inhibitor. It works by increasing the levels of a chemical messenger (acetylcholine) involved in transmmission of nerve signals. This improves memory and thinking.
Common side effects of rivastigmine
Nausea, Vomiting, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Rivastigmine
- ₹73 to ₹5130Novartis India Ltd9 variant(s)
- ₹108 to ₹173Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹4666Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹297Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹130Tas Med India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹108Cipla Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹70Taj Pharma India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹44 to ₹85Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹62 to ₹115Psycormedies2 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹105Sunrise Remedies Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Rivastigmine
- You have been prescribed Rivastigmine to slow down the progression of Alzheimer's disease.
- It does not cure Alzheimer's but may help with brain function and doing daily activities.
- It may cause diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. Drink plenty of fluids to keep yourself hydrated while taking Rivastigmine.
- Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Rivastigmine affects you.
- Be cautious while taking this medicine if you suffered from peptic ulcer as it may cause vomiting, gastro bleeding, stomach pain, or discomfort.
- Inform your doctor if you experience seizures or convulsions while taking this medicine.