food interaction for TOPAMATE
alcohol interaction for TOPAMATE
pregnancy interaction for TOPAMATE
lactation interaction for TOPAMATE
medicine interaction for TOPAMATE
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TOPAMATE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR TOPAMATE
- TOPAMAC 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Janssen PharmaceuticalsRs. 7.90/tabletRs. 79pay 96% more per tablet
- TOPAZ 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.80/tabletRs. 38save 6% more per tablet
- TOPIROL 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 6.80/tabletRs. 68pay 69% more per tablet
- NEXTOP 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.05/tabletRs. 50.50pay 25% more per tablet
- TOPIRAIN 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 4.60/tabletRs. 46pay 14% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR TOPAMATE
- Do not take topiramate if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Avoid using topiramate if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: liver or kidney problems or require kidney dialysis; eye problems or growth problems; blood- or body fluid- related problems such as metabolic acidosis.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day while taking this drug, to prevent you from getting kidney stones.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery when taking topiramate as it may lead to dizziness or vision problems.
Frequently asked questions FOR TOPAMATE
Q. Is topiramate a narcotic, benzodiazepine, MAOI, or blood-thinning drug?
No. Topiramate is not a narcotic, benzodiazepine, MAOI, or a blood-thinning drug
Q. Can I take topiramate for weight loss?
No. Topiramate is not indicated for weight loss. It is indicated for the treatment of seizures and migraine headaches. Please consult your doctor before taking the medicine
Q. Is topiramate good for anxiety?
Topiramate is not indicated for the treatment of anxiety. Please consult your doctor before taking the medicine
Q. Is topiramate safe?
Topiramate is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Can I take topiramate with naproxen, paracetamol, tramadol, Nyquil, Advil, Wellbutrin, methadone, phenteramine, Percocet, Adderall, Zoloft,Vicodin or garcinia?
Topiramate can be taken with naproxen, paracetamol, tramadol, Advil (ibuprofen), or garcinia only if prescribed by your doctor. Topiramate should not be taken with Nyquil, methadone, Percocet (oxycodone), Phenteramine, Zoloft (sertraline), and Vicodin (hydrocodone)
Q. Does topiramate cause acne, tiredness, weight gain, weight loss, itching, low blood pressure, or insomnia?
Yes. Topiramate may cause acne, tiredness, weight loss, itching, low blood pressure, or insomnia. It does not cause weight gain. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Does topiramate affect birth control?
Yes. Topiramate may affect the action of oral contraceptive pills. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking topiramate.