Medicine Overview of Tobo Injection
Uses of Tobo Injection
Tobo Injection is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
Side effects of Tobo Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Skin rash, Hearing loss, Balance disorder (loss of balance).
How to use Tobo Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Tobo Injection works
Tobo injection is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Tobo Injection
Expert advice for Tobo Injection
- Do not use tobramycin if you are allergic to it or any other component in the formulation.
- Driving and using machinery should be avoided in cases where tobramycin usage causes dizziness or eye drops cause blurring of vision.
- Do not mix or dilute your tobramycin with any other medicine in your nebulizer.
- If you are taking several different treatments for cystic fibrosis, you should take them in the following order: bronchodilator (e.g. salbutamol), then chest physiotherapy, followed by inhaled medicines, and then tobramycin.
- Do not use contact lenses when on treatment with tobramycin eye drops.
- If you are using more than one eye drop, keep a gap of at least 5-10 minutes between two different eye drops.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: neuromuscular disorders such as parkinsonism, myasthenia gravis (characterized by movement disorders and/or muscle weakness); coughing up blood in your sputum; kidney problem.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever experienced in the past: ringing in ears, any other problems with hearing, dizziness while taking tobramycin.
Special precautions for Tobo Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Tobo Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Tobo Injection is safe to use during lactation. Human studi+more
es have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Tobo Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Tobo Injection should be used with caution in patients with+more
kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Tobo Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Tobo In+more
jection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Tenof 300mg Tablet, Idrofos 150mg Tablet, Tacromus 2mg Capsule, Toride 20mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Tobramycin, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Tobo 80mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Tobramycin
Q. Is tobramycin a sulfa drug or penicillin antibiotic?
No. Tobramycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic used to treat Pseudomonas infections and other serious infections in patients (6 years and older) with cystic fibrosis
Q. Does tobramycin treat styes, Pseudomonas, pink eye, staphylococcus and methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?
Tobramycin/dexamethasone combination can be used to cure pink eye and styes, which are superficial eye and eyelid infections. Tobramycin treats Pseudomonas infections however it is not drug of choice in the treatment of staphylococcus or MRSA
Q. Is tobramycin safe for infants?
No. Due to high propensity for kidney and internal ear damage, tobramycin shouldn't be given to infants
Q. Is tobramycin over the counter?
No. Tobramycin belongs to schedule H and can be obtained only on production of valid prescription
Q. Is tobramycin the same as ofloxacin?
No. Tobramycin and Ofloxacin belong to different class of antibiotics, and are used to treat different sets of infections.
Substitutes for Tobo Injection
Tobacin 80mg Injection
Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹41.75/ml of Injection
Tarabin 80mg Injection
Vhb Life Sciences Inc
₹23.0/ml of Injection
Toracin 80mg Injection
Marc Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹23.27/ml of Injection
Aktob 80mg Injection
₹23.3/ml of Injection
Tobracor 80mg Injection
Cornel Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹24.1/ml of Injection