food interaction for TMT (SUNIJ)
alcohol interaction for TMT (SUNIJ)
pregnancy interaction for TMT (SUNIJ)
lactation interaction for TMT (SUNIJ)
medicine interaction for TMT (SUNIJ)
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TMT (SUNIJ)
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR TMT (SUNIJ)
- TELMA 20 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.55/tabletRs. 53.24pay 39% more per tablet
- TAZLOC 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 3.55/tabletRs. 35.49pay 39% more per tablet
- TELISTA 20 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 3.53/tabletRs. 53pay 38% more per tablet
- TELVAS 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 2.72/tabletRs. 27.24pay 7% more per tablet
- TELMIKIND 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 1.87/tabletRs. 18.70save 27% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR TMT (SUNIJ)
- Telmisartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Telmisartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Telmisartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Telmisartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
Frequently asked questions FOR TMT (SUNIJ)
Q. Is telmisartan safe?
Telmisartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is telmisartan used for?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that blocks the activity of angiotensin II responsible for narrowing of the blood vessels. It relaxes the blood vessels; thereby lowering blood pressure
Q. Is telmisartan a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic or a beta-locker?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker, not a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic, or a beta-blocker
Q. Is telmisartan a generic?
Yes, telmisartan is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (Micardis, Telma, Telmate, Tazloc, Telsartan-h, etc.)
Q. Is telmisartan better than losartan or olmesartan?
Although all the three drugs have shown to be effective against the approved indications, but their effect may vary upon individual response.