Medicine Overview of Teralfa Tablet
Side effects of Teralfa Tablet
Dizziness, Fainting, Sleepiness, Weakness, Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Nasal congestion, Dry mouth, Edema, Constipation, Blurred vision, Breathlessness.
How to use Teralfa Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Teralfa 2mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Teralfa Tablet works
Teralfa 2mg tablet is an alpha-blocker. It lowers blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels. It works by relaxing muscle around the bladder exit and prostate, which makes it easier to urinate.
In Depth Information on Teralfa Tablet
Expert advice for Teralfa Tablet
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience syncope (temporary loss of consciousness caused by a fall in blood pressure) especially in the upright position, along with other postural symptoms such as dizziness after the first dose, first few days of therapy, or restarting the therapy after a brief interruption. Do not panic, you should sit or lie down until you feel better.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you experience priapism (painful erection of the penis, sustained for hours and unrelieved by sexual intercourse or masturbation), which is an extremely rare but serious side effect, if untreated can lead to permanent inability to have an erection.
- Inform your doctor that you are on terazosin therapy, if you are to undergo an eye surgery for cataract so as to avoid the complications during cataract surgery.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as terazosin may make you drowsy or dizzy.
- Take screening test for the presence of prostate cancer prior to treatment and at regular intervals afterwards, as terazosin is not indicated for symptoms (though similar to BPH) due to prostate cancer.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Teralfa 2mg Tablet
Taking terazosin with alcohol can lower blood pressure. This+more
may cause dizziness, especially when getting up from a sitting or lying position....
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Teralfa 2mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Teralfa 2mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactation+more
. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Teralfa 2mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, o+more
r decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Teralfa 2mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney di+more
sease. No dose adjustment of Teralfa 2mg Tablet is recommended....
Teralfa 2mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Teralfa 2mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Teralfa 2mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease....
Use of Teralfa 2mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Danavir 600mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Onitraz 100mg Capsule
If you miss a dose of Terazosin, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Teralfa 2mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Terazosin
Teralfa belongs to class of medications called alpha-receptor blockers or alpha-blockers
Teralfa is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Teralfa is neither a statin nor a blood thinner
Q. Is terazosin a diuretic?
No, terazosin is not a diuretic, it antagonizes the alpha receptors causing relaxation of the smooth muscle tone in the prostate and bladder neck, hence the urine is passed easily in patients with enlarged prostrate
No, Teralfa is not a narcotic
No, Teralfa is not known to reduce heart rate. Increase in heart rate or irregular heart rate is a common adverse event reported for Teralfa
Weight gain/ tiredness/ constipation and dry mouth are common side effects of Teralfa therapy. However is not known to cause impotence. It may rarely cause painful prolonged erections (Priapism), which if untreated may cause impotence
Please follow your doctor's advice before taking these medications with Teralfa. As combining Cialis (tadalafil) with Teralfa can lower your blood pressure and increase the risk of dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, flushing, headache, and nasal congestion
Teralfa and Flomax (tamulosin) are both used for the symptomatic treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Please follow your doctor's advice before taking any medications when on treatment with Teralfa
No, Teralfa does not lower PSA.
Substitutes for Teralfa Tablet
Terapress 2mg Tablet
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Hytrin 2mg Tablet
Teradip 2mg Tablet
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Terakare 2mg Tablet
Olyster 2mg Tablet
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd