Medicine Overview of Tacrovera Ointment
Uses of Tacrovera Ointment
Tacrovera 0.03% Ointment is used for Organ transplantation.
Side effects of Tacrovera Ointment
Headache, Nausea, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Diarrhoea, Renal dysfunction, Increased glucose level in blood, Tremor.
How to use Tacrovera Ointment
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and gently massage the ointment. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Tacrovera Ointment works
Tacrovera 0.03% ointment is an immunosuppressant that works by decreasing the activity of body's immune system.
In Depth Information on Tacrovera Ointment
Expert advice for Tacrovera Ointment
- Tacrovera, like all immunosuppressants, increases the risk of infection and certain cancers. Avoid being close to people with cold, flu or other contagious illness.
- Do not take a "live vaccine" while you are on Tacrovera. The live vaccine may not work well and may not fully protect you.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Your doctor may ask to get Tacrovera blood concentration level, to avoid side effect due to high concentrations.
- Your doctor may ask to get kidney function test done regularly to avoid kidney damage.
- Tacrovera provide better survival and lower acute rejection rate.
- Tacrovera offers many advantages over cyclosporin. Less frequent acute and chronic rejection, better absorption leading to earlier discharge from the hospital, fewer side effects and earlier weaning of most patients off corticosteroids doesn't cause hirsutism or gum overgrowth.
Special precautions for Tacrovera 0.03% Ointment
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Tacrovera 0.03% Ointment may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Tacrovera 0.03% Ointment is probably safe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Tacrovera 0.03% Ointment may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affect your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Tacrovera 0.03% Ointment is safe to use in patients with kid+more
ney disease. No dose adjustment of Tacrovera 0.03% Ointment is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Tacrolimus, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Tacrovera 0.03% Ointment
Frequently asked questions for Tacrolimus
Q. Is tacrolimus nephrotoxic or cytotoxic?
Tacrolimus may cause destruction of certain types of cells (cytotoxic) and may impair kidney function (nephrotoxic). Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is tacrolimus safe?
Yes. Tacrolimus is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Does tacrolimus cause diabetes, hair loss, tiredness, or depression?
Tacrolimus may cause diabetes, hair loss, tiredness, or depression. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.
Q. Is tacrolimus a steroid?
Tacrolimus is an immunosuppressant drug. It is not a steroid drug
Q. Is tacrolimus the same as Prograf?
Yes. Progarf is a branded form of tacrolimus available in the market
Q. Can I take tacrolimus with omeprazole?
Omeprazole may increase the blood levels of tacrolimus. It can be taken with omeprazole only if prescribed by your doctor
User Submitted Feedback For Tacrovera 0.03% Ointment
Patients taking Tacrovera 0.03% Ointment
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Substitutes for Tacrovera
No substitutes found for this medicine