Rubella vaccine (Live)
Information about Rubella vaccine (Live)
Rubella vaccine (live) uses
Rubella vaccine (Live) is used for prevention of Rubella.
How rubella vaccine (live) works
Rubella vaccine (Live) is a vaccine. It helps develop immunity by initiating a mild infection. This type of infection does not cause illness, but it does stimulate the body's immune system to produce antibodies to protect against any future infections.
Common side effects of rubella vaccine (live)
Pharyngitis, Fever, Rash
Available Medicine for Rubella vaccine (Live)
- ₹86Serum Institute Of India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹71Serum Institute Of India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Rubella vaccine (Live)
- Inform your doctor if you have received immunoglobulin or underwent blood transfusion in last 3 months.
- Inform your doctor if you have any immune system diseases like human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, or if you are taking medicines that affect your immune system as the decision for vaccination will depend upon your immune responses.
- Women of child-bearing age who have not received 2 doses of a rubella-containing vaccine or who do not have a positive antibody test for rubella should take rubella immunisation. However pregnancy should be excluded.
- Exercise caution in children with a history of cerebral injury or fits or thrombocytopenia (deficiency of platelets in the blood).
- Avoid pregnancy for 3 months following vaccination with measles, mumps, rubella, and/or varicella vaccines.
- Do not take if patient is allergic to rubella vaccine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not given to patients with family history of congenital or hereditary immunodeficiency.
- Do not given to patients receiving immunosuppressive drugs.