Medicine Overview of Talimus Ointment
Uses of Talimus Ointment
Talimus LS Ointment is used for Organ transplantation.
Side effects of Talimus Ointment
Headache, Nausea, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Diarrhoea, Renal dysfunction, Increased glucose level in blood, Tremor.
How to use Talimus Ointment
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and gently massage the ointment. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Talimus Ointment works
Talimus ls ointment is an immunosuppressant that works by decreasing the activity of body's immune system.
In Depth Information on Talimus Ointment
Expert advice for Talimus Ointment
- Talimus, like all immunosuppressants, increases the risk of infection and certain cancers. Avoid being close to people with cold, flu or other contagious illness.
- Do not take a "live vaccine" while you are on Talimus. The live vaccine may not work well and may not fully protect you.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Your doctor may ask to get Talimus blood concentration level, to avoid side effect due to high concentrations.
- Your doctor may ask to get kidney function test done regularly to avoid kidney damage.
- Talimus provide better survival and lower acute rejection rate.
- Talimus offers many advantages over cyclosporin. Less frequent acute and chronic rejection, better absorption leading to earlier discharge from the hospital, fewer side effects and earlier weaning of most patients off corticosteroids doesn't cause hirsutism or gum overgrowth.
Special precautions for Talimus LS Ointment
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Talimus LS Ointment may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Talimus LS Ointment is probably safe to use during lactation+more
. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Talimus LS Ointment may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affect your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Talimus LS Ointment is safe to use in patients with kidney d+more
isease. No dose adjustment of Talimus LS Ointment is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Tacrolimus, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Talimus NA Ointment
Frequently asked questions for Tacrolimus
Q. Is tacrolimus nephrotoxic or cytotoxic?
Tacrolimus may cause destruction of certain types of cells (cytotoxic) and may impair kidney function (nephrotoxic). Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is tacrolimus safe?
Yes. Tacrolimus is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Does tacrolimus cause diabetes, hair loss, tiredness, or depression?
Tacrolimus may cause diabetes, hair loss, tiredness, or depression. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.
Q. Is tacrolimus a steroid?
Tacrolimus is an immunosuppressant drug. It is not a steroid drug
Q. Is tacrolimus the same as Prograf?
Yes. Progarf is a branded form of tacrolimus available in the market
Q. Can I take tacrolimus with omeprazole?
Omeprazole may increase the blood levels of tacrolimus. It can be taken with omeprazole only if prescribed by your doctor
User Submitted Feedback For Talimus NA Ointment
Patients taking Talimus LS Ointment
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
Substitutes for Talimus
No substitutes found for this medicine