food interaction for SYMBAL
alcohol interaction for SYMBAL
pregnancy interaction for SYMBAL
lactation interaction for SYMBAL
medicine interaction for SYMBAL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR SYMBAL
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR SYMBAL 30MG TABLET
Patients taking SYMBAL 30MG TABLET
- 45%Thrice A Day
- 30%Once A Day
- 10%Four Times A Day
- 10%Twice A Day
- 5%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES FOR SYMBAL
- DUVANTA 30 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.70/tabletRs. 97save 6% more per tablet
- DULOTIN 30 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Icon Life SciencesRs. 9.70/tabletRs. 97save 6% more per tablet
- DULOXEE 30 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 7.70/tabletRs. 77save 25% more per tablet
- SYMPTA 30 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 9/tabletRs. 90save 13% more per tablet
- LOXET 30 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Kivi Labs LtdRs. 8.88/tabletRs. 88.80save 14% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR SYMBAL
- Take Duloxetine only as directed by your doctor. Do not take it more often or for a longer period of time.
- You may have to take Duloxetine at least for 4 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Do not discontinue the use of Duloxetine, unless the doctor has advised you. This may increase the chances of side effects.
- Duloxetine should be taken with food to minimize the chances of an upset stomach.
- Avoid driving after taking
as it may cause drowsiness, blurred vision, dizziness and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Duloxetine, it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Duloxetine may cause a higher risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviour changes.
- Duloxetine causes sleepiness, so it's good for people who have trouble sleeping (insomnia).
Frequently asked questions FOR SYMBAL
Q. Is duloxetine an SSRI, tricyclic antidepressant, opoid, or a pain-killer?
Duloxetine is not a SSRI/tricyclic antidepressant/opoid analgesic or pain-killer. It is a SSNRI (selective serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor)
Q. Does it contain MAOI?
Duloxetine is a MAO inhibitor (MAOI)
Q. Is duloxetine the same as Cymbalta?
Yes. Cymbalta is the branded version of duloxetine available in the market
Q. Is duloxetine addictive?
Duloxetine is not addictive; but it can produce withdrawal symptoms when treatment is stopped abruptly. Please consult your doctor, if you experience any withdrawal symptoms after stopping the therapy
Q. Can I take Cymbalta forever?
It is advisable to take this drug only for the duration prescribed by your doctor
Q. Can I take duloxetine with tramadol, paracetamol, naproxen, Nytol, amitryptyline, citalopram, ibuprofen, or codeine?
Duloxetine should not be taken with tramadol, amitriptyline, citalopram, diazepam, codeine or naproxen. It can be taken with paracetamol or ibuprofen only if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Does duloxetine cause weight loss, acne, sweating, or hairloss?
Duloxetine may cause weight gain instead of weight loss. It can also cause, sweating, hairloss or acne. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Does duloxetine contain gluten?
No. Deloxetine is gluten-free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.