Medicine Overview of Supragent Lotion
Uses of Supragent Lotion
Supragent 0.3% Lotion is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
Side effects of Supragent Lotion
Facial swelling, Allergic reaction, Itching, Skin redness.
How to use Supragent Lotion
This medicine is for external use only. Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Shake it well and apply to the area evenly.
How Supragent Lotion works
Supragent 0.3% lotion is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Supragent Lotion
Expert advice for Supragent Lotion
- Inform your doctor if you experience itching, skin rashes, swelling of face, lips, throat or difficulty in breathing.
- Discontinue use and consult your doctor if you develop irritation, sensitization or a superinfection
- Avoid getting this medication into your eyes, nose and mouth. If this happens wash your face thoroughly with water.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from inflammation of the middle ear (otitis media), kidney or liver problem, open wound or damaged skin.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to gentamicin or any of its ingredients.
Special precautions for Supragent 0.3% Lotion
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Supragent 0.3% Lotion may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Supragent 0.3% Lotion is probably safe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Supragent 0.3% Lotion may cause blurring of your vision for+more
a short time just after its use. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
There is limited information available on the use of Suprage+more
nt 0.3% Lotion in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Supragent 0.3% Lotion
Frequently asked questions for Gentamicin Topical
Q. Is gentamicin topical a macrolide, steroid or a sulfa drug?
Gentamicin topical does not contain sulfa and is not a macrolide, or steroidal drug. It is a broad spectrum aminoglycoside
Q. Does gentamicin topical cause hearing loss or burn?
Yes gentamicin topical can cause hearing loss if used inappropriately. It can cause burning of eyes.
User Submitted Feedback For Supragent 0.3% Lotion
Patients taking Supragent 0.3% Lotion
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Substitutes for Supragent
No substitutes found for this medicine