Information about Alendronic Acid
Alendronic Acid Uses
Alendronic Acid is used in the treatment of osteoporosis. It treats osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and men at high risk of fractures.
How Alendronic Acid works
Alendronic Acid is a bisphosphonate. It works by suppressing the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause destruction of bone. This strengthens the bones and minimizes the risk of fractures.
Common side effects of Alendronic Acid
Headache, Back pain, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Indigestion, Heartburn, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Alendronic Acid
₹60 to ₹2343 variant(s)
BifosaTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹96 to ₹1952 variant(s)
Stoplos A PlusZydus Cadila
RestofosSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹62 to ₹1542 variant(s)
RafomaxTaj Pharma India Ltd
ZophostKhandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd
AlenostMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹49 to ₹1002 variant(s)
PoronilFinecure Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
AlendixVintage Labs Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Alendronic Acid
- Your doctor has prescribed Alendronic Acid to make your bones stronger and lower the risk of fractures.
- Take it in the morning at least 30 minutes before eating or drinking anything.
- Maintain an upright posture for 30 minutes after taking the medication so the medicine does not irritate your food pipe.
- It may cause the amount of calcium in your blood to fall. Take calcium-rich food in your diet and have regular blood tests to monitor the level of calcium in your blood.
- It is important to look after your mouth and teeth while you are taking this medicine. Have regular dental check-ups and inform your dentist about taking Alendronic Acid.