Medicine Overview of Stavir Capsule
Uses of Stavir Capsule
Stavir 30mg Capsule is used in the treatment of HIV infection.
Side effects of Stavir Capsule
Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Dizziness.
How to use Stavir Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Stavir 30mg Capsule empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Stavir Capsule works
Stavir 30mg capsule prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
In Depth Information on Stavir Capsule
Expert advice for Stavir Capsule
- Take stavudine at least one hour before food.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking this drug as it may cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor before taking the stavudine if you have liver or kidney disease, peripheral neuropathy (numbness, tingling and pain in the limbs) or pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) or if you are lactose-intolerant.
- Inform your doctor before taking stavudine if you are taking other medications like zidovudine, didanosine, doxorubicin, hydroxyurea, or ribavirin.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you notice problems with pancreas or liver function or suffer from symptoms of lactic acidosis (you can have nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain, loss of appetite, weight loss, rapid and/or deep breathing, neurological symptoms).
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking stavudine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Take necessary precautions while using stavudine to prevent the spread of HIV to others.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Stavir 30mg Capsule
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Stavir 30mg Capsule may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Stavir 30mg Capsule should be used with caution during lactation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body.+more
WHO guidelines recommends that all nursing mothers in developing countries should continue the treatment and exclusively breastfeed their infants for 6 months....
WHO guidelines recommends that all nursing mothers in developing countries should continue the treatment and exclusively breastfeed their infants for 6 months.
Stavir 30mg Capsule may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Patients may experience dizziness and/or somnolence, and they should avoid driving or operating machinery....
Patients may experience dizziness and/or somnolence, and they should avoid driving or operating machinery.
Stavir 30mg Capsule is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Dose adjustment is required in patients with underlined renal diseases. Please consult your doctor....
Dose adjustment is required in patients with underlined renal diseases. Please consult your doctor.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Herperax 200mg Tablet, Valgaids 450mg Tablet, Avery 300mg Tablet, Tramazac HP 50mg Injection
If you miss a dose of Stavudine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Stavir 30mg Capsule
Frequently asked questions for Stavudine
Stavir is used to prevent the spread of HIV or its related illness in the infected patient.
Substitutes for Stavir
No substitutes found for this medicine