Medicine Overview of Stahope Tablet
Uses of Stahope Tablet
Stahope 40mg Tablet is used in the treatment of HIV infection.
Side effects of Stahope Tablet
Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Dizziness.
How to use Stahope Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Stahope 40mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
How Stahope Tablet works
Stahope 40mg Tablet prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
In Depth Information on Stahope Tablet
Expert advice for Stahope Tablet
- Take stavudine at least one hour before food.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking this drug as it may cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor before taking the stavudine if you have liver or kidney disease, peripheral neuropathy (numbness, tingling and pain in the limbs) or pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) or if you are lactose-intolerant.
- Inform your doctor before taking stavudine if you are taking other medications like zidovudine, didanosine, doxorubicin, hydroxyurea, or ribavirin.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you notice problems with pancreas or liver function or suffer from symptoms of lactic acidosis (you can have nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain, loss of appetite, weight loss, rapid and/or deep breathing, neurological symptoms).
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking stavudine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Take necessary precautions while using stavudine to prevent the spread of HIV to others.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Stahope 40mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Stahope 40mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Stahope 40mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation+more
. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Stahope 40mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,+more
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Stahope 40mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients+more
with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Stahope 40mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Stahope 40mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Stahope 40mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.+more
Inform your doctor if you develop any signs and symptoms of jaundice while taking Stahope 40mg Tablet. You may need to stop taking this medicine....
Inform your doctor if you develop any signs and symptoms of jaundice while taking Stahope 40mg Tablet. You may need to stop taking this medicine.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Valgaids 450mg Tablet, Gero 80mg/2ml Injection, Adamon 100mg Injection, TRANDOL 50MG INJECTION
If you miss a dose of Stavudine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Stahope 40mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Stavudine
Stahope is used to prevent the spread of HIV or its related illness in the infected patient.
Substitutes for Stahope Tablet
STAVIR 40MG CAPSULE