Substitutes for STAHOPE
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of STAHOPE TABLET
Uses of STAHOPE TABLET
Stahope 40mg tablet is used in the treatment of hiv infection.
Side effects of STAHOPE TABLET
Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Dizziness.
How to use STAHOPE TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Stahope 40mg tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How STAHOPE TABLET works
Stahope 40mg tablet prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
In Depth Information on STAHOPE TABLET
Expert advice for STAHOPE TABLET
- Take stavudine at least one hour before food.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking this drug as it may cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor before taking the stavudine if you have liver or kidney disease, peripheral neuropathy (numbness, tingling and pain in the limbs) or pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) or if you are lactose-intolerant.
- Inform your doctor before taking stavudine if you are taking other medications like zidovudine, didanosine, doxorubicin, hydroxyurea, or ribavirin.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you notice problems with pancreas or liver function or suffer from symptoms of lactic acidosis (you can have nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain, loss of appetite, weight loss, rapid and/or deep breathing, neurological symptoms).
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking stavudine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Take necessary precautions while using stavudine to prevent the spread of HIV to others.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for STAHOPE 40MG TABLET
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Stahope 40mg tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Patients may experience dizziness and/or somnolence, and the+more
y should avoid driving or operating machinery....
Dose adjustment is required in patients with underlined renal diseases. Please consult your doctor.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
HERPERAX 200MG TABLET, VALGAIDS 450MG TABLET, AVERY 300MG TABLET, TRAMAZAC HP 50MG INJECTION
If you miss a dose of Stavudine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for STAHOPE 40MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Stavudine
Q. What is stavudine used for?
Stavudine is used to prevent the spread of HIV or its related illness in the infected patient.