food interaction for SP LAX
alcohol interaction for SP LAX
pregnancy interaction for SP LAX
lactation interaction for SP LAX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SP LAX
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for SP LAX 10MG TABLET
Patients taking SP LAX 10MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for SP LAX
- CREMALAX 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 6.35/tabletRs. 63.50pay 111% more per tablet
- COLVAC 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 5.40/tabletRs. 54pay 80% more per tablet
- COLAX 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Strassenburg Pharmaceuticals.LtdRs. 5.30/tabletRs. 53pay 76% more per tablet
- PICLIN 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Menarini India Pvt LtdRs. 5.10/tabletRs. 51pay 70% more per tablet
- PICSUL 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mission Research Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 3.85/tabletRs. 38.50pay 28% more per tablet
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for SP LAX
- Together with Sodium Picosulfate, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- Avoid taking a Sodium Picosulfate for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Take Sodium Picosulfate after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
- Sodium Picosulfate should be preferably taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
Frequently asked questions for SP LAX
Q.Is sodium picosulfate safe?
Yes. Sodium picosulfate is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is sodium picosulfate a sulfa drug?
No. Sodium picosulfate is used to provide relief from constipation. The chemical structure and mechanism of action of sodium picosulfate is different from sulfa drugs
Q.What is sodium picosulfate?
Sodium picosulfate belongs to a class of drugs called laxatives
Q.What does it do?
It provides relief from constipation by stimulating the bowel muscles to propel stools out of the body
Q.Does sodium picosulfate work?
Yes, sodium picosulfate is an effective laxative that provides relief from constipation by stimulating the bowel muscles to propel stools out of the body
Q.How fast does it work?
It provides overnight relief from constipation and helps body return to its natural cycle.