Information about Sodium Picosulfate
Sodium picosulfate uses
Sodium Picosulfate is used in the treatment of Constipation.
How sodium picosulfate works
Sodium picosulfate directly increases the motility of the intestine, thereby making the stool soft and easier to pass.
Common side effects of sodium picosulfate
Abdominal pain, Dehydration
Available Medicine for Sodium Picosulfate
- ₹63 to ₹85Abbott India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹83Strassenburg Pharmaceuticals.Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹132Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹54Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹76Obsurge Biotech Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹75Endocard India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹102Menarini India Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹69Obsurge Biotech Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹38 to ₹72Mission Research Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹52BestoChem Formulations India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sodium Picosulfate
- Together with Sodium Picosulfate, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- Avoid taking a Sodium Picosulfate for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Take Sodium Picosulfate after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
- Sodium Picosulfate should be preferably taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
Frequently asked questions for Sodium Picosulfate
Q. What is Sodium Picosulfate?
Sodium Picosulfate belongs to a class of drugs called laxatives. It is used to provide relief from constipation (condition in which there is difficulty in emptying the bowels, usually associated with hardened feces).
Q. What is Sodium Picosulfate used for?
Sodium Picosulfate is a laxative which is used to relieve constipation (condition in which there is difficulty in emptying the bowels, usually associated with hardened feces). Sodium Picosulfate works by stimulating the muscles in your bowel to remove waste products from your body and also helps in softening of stools. It helps in the short term relief of constipation due to any cause. Please consult your doctor for the right use and dose of Sodium Picosulfate.
Q. Is Sodium Picosulfate safe?
Yes. Sodium Picosulfate is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Sodium Picosulfate a sulfa drug?
Sodium Picosulfate is not a sulfa drug. The chemical structure and mechanism of action of Sodium Picosulfate are different from sulfa drugs.
Q. What does Sodium Picosulfate do?
Sodium Picosulfate provides relief from constipation (inability to pass stools and hardened stools) by increasing the movement of the bowel (gut or large intestine) to move stools out of the body by stimulating the muscles of the bowel and softening the stools. This brings an overnight relief from constipation.
Q. Does Sodium Picosulfate work?
Yes, Sodium Picosulfate is an effective laxative that provides relief from constipation by increasing the movement of the bowel (gut or large intestine).
Q. How fast does Sodium Picosulfate work?
Sodium Picosulfate provides overnight relief from constipation and helps body return to its natural cycle.
Q. Is Sodium Picosulfate effective in relieving constipation?
Yes. Sodium Picosulfate is effective to relieve constipation if used in prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.