Substitutes for RUFUS TABLET
ROFLAIR 500MCG TABLET
ROFLU 500MCG TABLET
ROFLUTAB 500MCG TABLET
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
FILAST 500MCG TABLET
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd
Medicine Overview of RUFUS TABLET
Side effects of RUFUS TABLET
Headache, Weight loss, Dizziness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Back pain, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Decreased appetite, Influenza.
How to use RUFUS TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Rufus 500mcg tablet at a fixed time.
How RUFUS TABLET works
Rufus 500mcg tablet works by relaxing the muscles in the walls of the airways. This opens the airways and makes breathing easier.
In Depth Information on RUFUS TABLET
Expert advice for RUFUS TABLET
- Roflumilast is not effective and should not be used for sudden attacks of breathlessness (acute bronchospasm).
- You should not take roflumilast if you have a history of depression and suicidal behavior/thoughts.
- You should have your weight monitored regularly. Stop taking roflumilast and seek advice if you experience unexplained and significant weight loss while on treatment.
- Roflumilast controls COPD but does not cure it. It is important to continue taking roflumilast even if you feel well unless advised otherwise.
- Roflumilast may cause dizziness, which can aggravate with alcohol intake. Do not drive or operate any machinery until you feel fine.
- You should not take roflumilast if you have any serious disease affecting your immune system (HIV, multiple sclerosis, lupus erythematosus, progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy) or if you are receiving treatments that act on your immune system for certain cancers or serious infections.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for RUFUS 500MCG TABLET
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Rufus 500mcg tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Rufus 500mcg tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
There is no interaction between driving and consuming this drug. So dose alteration is not needed.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for RUFUS 500MCG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Roflumilast
Q. Is Roflumilast a methylxanthine?
No. Roflumilast is not a methylxanthine and works via a different mechanism of action
Q. Is roflumilast available in India?
Yes. Roflumilast is available in India in the form of 500 mcg tablet
Q. Is roflumilast a steroid/ narcotic?
No. Roflumilast belongs to a class of drugs called phosphodiesterase inhibitors. It does not have a chemical structure or effects similar to steroids. It does not induce sleep and is not a narcotic drug
Q. What is roflumilast used for?
Roflumilast is used as a maintenance treatment for severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; a group of lung disorders in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked) in patients with frequent worsening of COPD symptoms (COPD exacerbations) and with long-term inflammation of airways (chronic bronchitis)
Q. How does roflumilast work?
Roflumilast is used to prevent worsening of symptoms in patients with severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; a group of lung disorders in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked) and long-term inflammation of airways (chronic bronchitis)
Q. How long does roflumilast take to work?
Roflumilast may need to be taken for several weeks to achieve its effects and may vary upon individual response. Please follow advice of your doctor regarding dose and duration.