food interaction for RIZATRIP
alcohol interaction for RIZATRIP
pregnancy interaction for RIZATRIP
lactation interaction for RIZATRIP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RIZATRIP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for RIZATRIP
- RIZACT 5 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 33.50/tabletRs. 134pay 33% more per tablet
- RIZORA 5 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 31.50/tabletRs. 126pay 25% more per tablet
- RITZA 5 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Natco Pharma LtdRs. 22.50/tabletRs. 135save 11% more per tablet
- MIGROF 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unimarck Healthcare LtdRs. 5.30/tabletRs. 53save 79% more per tablet
- RIZATRIP ODT 5 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Geno Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 25.18/tabletRs. 151.08same price
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for RIZATRIP
- To relieve migraine as soon as possible, take Rizatriptan as soon as the headache begins.
- Lying down in a quiet and dark room for a while after you use Rizatriptan may help to relieve the migraine.
- Take Rizatriptan only as prescribed by the doctor. Using too much Rizatriptan may increase the chances of side effects.
- Notify your doctor if your migraine headaches are occurring more often, than before you started using Rizatriptan.
- Notify your doctor if you have used Rizatriptan for at least three consecutive months.
- Avoid driving after taking <med_name > as it may cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Rizatriptan, it can cause new and worse headaches.
Frequently asked questions for RIZATRIP
Q.Is rizatriptan a narcotic/ blood thinner/ benzo/ pain killer/ controlled substance/ NSAID/ does it contain aspirin/ caffeine/ acetaminophen?
Rizatriptan belongs to the class of drugs called selective serotonin 5-HT1B/1D receptor agonists used for the treatment of acute migraine headaches. It is not a narcotic/ blood thinner/ benzo/ pain killer/ controlled substance/ NSAID. It does not contain aspirin/ caffeine/ acetaminophen
Q.Is rizatriptan safe/does rizatriptan get you high/ make you drowsy/ sleepy/ thin your blood/ cause rebound headaches?
Rizatriptan is safe if used as per the prescribing information. It does not make you high/cause rebound headaches or thin your blood. It can make you drowsy/sleepy.