food interaction for REVIRO
alcohol interaction for REVIRO
pregnancy interaction for REVIRO
lactation interaction for REVIRO
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for REVIRO
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for REVIRO
- TENVIR 300 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 45.98/tabletRs. 1379.38save 20% more per tablet
- TENOHEP 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 46.60/tabletRs. 466save 19% more per tablet
- TENOF 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 44/tabletRs. 440save 23% more per tablet
- TENTIDE 300 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 50/tabletRs. 1500save 13% more per tablet
- TAVIN 300 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 35.67/tabletRs. 1070save 38% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for REVIRO
- Do not take tenofovir if you are already taking medicines that contain tenofovir in combination with other drugs.
- Do not take tenofovir with other drugs that can potentially damage your kidneys; especially adefovir (used in treatment of hepatitis B).
- Contact your doctor immediately if you notice symptoms: deep and rapid breathing, drowsiness, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, muscle pain or weakness, numb or cold feeling in your arms and legs, stomach pain, fast or uneven heart rate, or feeling very weak or tired. These might indicate development of a life-threatening side effect of tenofovir called lactic acidosis (excess lactic acid in blood). Lactic acidosis occurs more often in women, particularly if they are very overweight or are taking nucleoside antivirals for a long time.
- Tenofovir may damage your kidneys (nephrotoxicity). Constant monitoring of kidney function (blood tests to assess the health of kidneys) is advised while on treatment with tenofovir.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you have symptoms: persistent urge of vomit (nausea), upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (abnormal liver function causing yellowing of the skin or eyes). These might indicate development of severe liver damage.
- Decreases in bone mineral density can happen while taking tenofovir.
- Do consult your doctor before taking tenofovir if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not use tenofovir if you are breast-feeding.
- Tenofovir may cause lipodystrophy (changes in body fat - build up or loss of body fat) especially in elderly patients with HIV. Physical examination of fat redistribution and monitoring of blood levels of lipids and sugar may be advised in elderly.
- Discuss with your doctor about necessary precautions (practicing safer sex and making other life-style changes) to be taken to avoid spreading of HIV virus to others.
Frequently asked questions for REVIRO
Q.Is tenofovir a NRTI?
Yes. Tenofovir is an antiviral drug belonging to class nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs)
Q.What is tenofovir/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate used for/ What does tenofovir treat?
Tenofovir is an antiviral drug used in combination with other drugs in the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infections. It may also be used in very limited cases of long-term infections of liver caused by hepatitis B virus
Q.Is Viraday safe/ effective?
Viraday is a trade name for fixed-dose combination of drugs efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir. It is safe and effective if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is viraday the same as atripla?
Yes. Viraday and atripla are trade names for fixed-dose combination of drugs efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir. They are used in the treatment of HIV
Q.How does tenofovir work?
Tenofovir is an antiviral drug belonging to class nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). By the virtue of its structure that closely resembles the natural structure of viral DNA, tenofovir incorporates itself into the viral DNA. By doing so, it blocks the activity of an important viral enzyme reverse transcriptase which is involved in the replication of viral DNA, a process essential for survival of the virus
Q.Does tenofovir cause hair loss?
Hair loss is not a known side effect of tenofovir
Q.Does tenofovir cause lipodystrophy?
Tenofovir may cause lipodystrophy (build up or loss of body fat) especially in elderly patients with HIV. Physical examination of fat redistribution and monitoring of blood levels of lipids and sugar may be advised in elderly
Q.How does tenofovir cause renal toxicity/renal failure?
Tenofovir is predominantly excreted by the kidneys. The part of kidneys involved in its excretion is called the proximal tubule. Studies indicate that tenofovir accumulation in the proximal tubule due to interaction with other drugs (eg. ritonavir) or prolonged use is responsible for kidney damage (renal toxicity). The kidney damage may then progress to kidney failure
Q.Does tenofovir cure hepatitis B/ Is viraday effective/does viraday work?
Yes. Viraday is effective against human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and some cases of hepatitis B. It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.