Medicine Overview of Relestat Eye Drop
Uses of Relestat Eye Drop
Relestat 0.05%W/V Eye Drop is used in the treatment of Allergic disorders.
Side effects of Relestat Eye Drop
How to use Relestat Eye Drop
This medicine is for external use only.Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
How Relestat Eye Drop works
Relestat 0.05%w/v eye drop blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, congestion, itching, and other allergic reactions.
In Depth Information on Relestat Eye Drop
Expert advice for Relestat Eye Drop
- Avoid wearing contact lenses while using epinastine.
- Remove your contact lenses before instilling epinastine eye drops and re-insert them 10 min after instillation of eye drops to avoid discoloration of lenses.
- Leave an interval of at least 10 min if you have to use another eye drop, after instilling epinastine eyes drops.
- Consult your doctor before you stop using epinastine as it controls the itching of allergic conjunctivitis only if used regularly.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Epinastine eye drops are not meant to be injected or ingested orally.
- Epinastine eye drops should be used cautiously in children under 12 years of age.
Special precautions for Relestat 0.05%W/V Eye Drop
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Relestat 0.05%W/V Eye Drop may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Relestat 0.05%W/V Eye Drop is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.+more
After using eye drops, place pressure over the corner of eye for a minute, then remove the excess solution with an absorbent tissue to diminish the amount of drug reaching the breastmilk...
After using eye drops, place pressure over the corner of eye for a minute, then remove the excess solution with an absorbent tissue to diminish the amount of drug reaching the breastmilk
Relestat 0.05%W/V Eye Drop may cause blurring of your vision+more
for a short time just after its use. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
There is limited information available on the use of Relesta+more
t 0.05%W/V Eye Drop in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Relestat 0.05%w/v Eye Drop
Frequently asked questions for Epinastine
Relestat is an antihistamine used to relieve symptoms of such as watery eyes and itchy, red, swollen eyes or eyelids due to allergic conjunctivitis (irritation and redness in the membrane covering the eye).
User Submitted Feedback For Relestat 0.05%w/v Eye Drop
Patients taking Relestat 0.05%W/V Eye Drop
Twice A Day
Four Times A Day
Thrice A Day
Once A Day
Substitutes for Relestat
No substitutes found for this medicine