Information about Fosaprepitant
Fosaprepitant is used to prevent nausea and vomiting due to chemotherapy.
How fosaprepitant works
Fosaprepitant is an antiemetic medication. It works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (neurokinin) in the brain that may cause nausea and vomiting during anti-cancer treatment (chemotherapy).
Common side effects of fosaprepitant
Headache, Hiccup, Indigestion, Fatigue, Increased liver enzymes, Decreased appetite, Constipation
Available Medicine for Fosaprepitant
- ₹2299Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2637Biocon1 variant(s)
- ₹2571Celon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2400Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1334Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2500RPG Life Sciences Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2375Hetero Drugs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2375Premedium Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fosaprepitant
- Fosaprepitant may cause drowsiness, dizziness, light-headedness or sudden sleep. Do not drive or use machinery while using it.
- Before you use fosaprepitant, tell your doctor if you are taking any other medication.
Frequently asked questions for Fosaprepitant
Q. What is fosaprepitant injection/ what is fosaprepitant used for?
Fosaprepitant injection is used in combination with other medicines in adults to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy.