How it works
Common side effects
- Avoid wearing contact lenses while using epinastine.
- Remove your contact lenses before instilling epinastine eye drops and re-insert them 10 min after instillation of eye drops to avoid discoloration of lenses.
- Leave an interval of at least 10 min if you have to use another eye drop, after instilling epinastine eyes drops.
- Consult your doctor before you stop using epinastine as it controls the itching of allergic conjunctivitis only if used regularly.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Epinastine eye drops are not meant to be injected or ingested orally.
- Epinastine eye drops should be used cautiously in children under 12 years of age.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is epinastine HCL/ What is it used for?
Epinastine is an antihistamine used to relieve symptoms of such as watery eyes and itchy, red, swollen eyes or eyelids due to allergic conjunctivitis (irritation and redness in the membrane covering the eye).