Information about Epinastine
Epinastine is used in the treatment of allergic eye disease.
How epinastine works
Epinastine is an antihistaminic medication. It treats allergy symptoms such as such as itching, swelling, and rashes by blocking the effects of a chemical messenger (histamine) in the body.
Common side effects of epinastine
Burning sensation in eye, Eye irritation
Available Medicine for Epinastine
- ₹115Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹119Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹82Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹406Allergan India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Epinastine
- Your doctor has prescribed Epinastine to treat inflammation (redness and swelling) due to allergies of the eye.
- It treats short-term or sudden allergic reactions in the eye.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
Frequently asked questions for Epinastine
Q. What is Epinastine HCL/ What is it used for?
Epinastine is an antihistamine used to relieve symptoms of such as watery eyes and itchy, red, swollen eyes or eyelids due to allergic conjunctivitis (irritation and redness in the membrane covering the eye).