Medicine Overview of Rasipar Tablet
Uses of Rasipar Tablet
Rasipar 0.5mg Tablet is used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Rasipar Tablet
Joint pain, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Dyspepsia, Influenza like symptoms, Depression, Cough, Peripheral edema.
How to use Rasipar Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Rasipar 0.5mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Rasipar Tablet works
Rasipar 0.5mg tablet works by increasing the amount of dopamine, a chemical messenger that is needed to control movement in the brain.
In Depth Information on Rasipar Tablet
Expert advice for Rasipar Tablet
- You will be regularly monitored for the development of impulse control disorders (psychiatric disorder with failure to resist a temptation, urge to harm oneself or others).
- Be aware of the behavioral symptoms of impulse control disorders like compulsions, obsessive thoughts, repetitive behavior shown as inability to resist impulses to gamble (pathological gambling), increased sexual desire (libido), hypersexuality, impulsive behavior and compulsive spending or buying.
- Use of rasagiline is associated with a higher risk of skin cancer. Seek advice for necessary precaution.
- Do not take rasagiline along with drugs like fluoxetine or fluvoxamine, dextromethorphan or sympathomimetics such as ephedrine or pseudoephedrine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Rasipar 0.5mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Rasipar 0.5mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Rasipar 0.5mg Tablet should be used with caution during lact+more
ation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Rasipar 0.5mg Tablet alters the abil+more
ity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Rasipar 0.5mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney+more
disease. No dose adjustment of Rasipar 0.5mg Tablet is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Benadryl Dr Dry Cough Active Relief Syrup, ADAMON 100MG/2ML INJECTION, TRANDOL 50MG INJECTION
Frequently asked questions for Rasipar 0.5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Rasagiline
Yes, Rasipar is a generic drug and also is available with different brands
Rasipar.Rasipar mesylate is used along with or without levodopa to treat Parkinson's disease (nervous system disorder characterized by slow movements)
Q. Can I take Benadryl (diphenhydramine)/ Xanax (alprazolam) with Azilect (rasagiline)?
Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and Xanax (alprazolam) are reported to cause side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take Tylenol (paracetamol)/Advil (ibuprofen)/ Aleve (naproxen) with Azilect (rasagiline)?
Taking other drugs like Tylenol (paracetamol)/ Advil (ibuprofen)/Aleve (naproxen) along with Azilect (rasagiline) does not cause any harmful effects. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.