Tetrabenazine is used in the treatment of huntington's disease
How it works
Tetrabenazine works by depleting the stores of certain chemical messengers in the brain that helps in control body movement.
Common side effects
Nausea, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Anxiety, Fatigue, Sleepiness, Akathisia, Depression
- ₹225Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹227Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹110 to ₹197Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from mild to severe liver disorder, a heart condition known as long QT syndrome and irregular heart rhythm.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of neuroleptic malignant syndrome characterized by mental changes such as confusion, hallucinations, stiffness in muscles and an increased body temperature.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as tetrabenazine may cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant and/or breastfeeding.