Medicine Overview of Qinarsol Tablet
Uses of Qinarsol Tablet
Qinarsol 300mg Tablet is used in the treatment of malaria and Cerebral malaria.
Side effects of Qinarsol Tablet
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Blurred vision, Changes in color vision, Dizziness, Face redness, Headache, Altered heart rate, Increased sweating, Ringing in ear, Vertigo, Vomiting.
How to use Qinarsol Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Qinarsol 300mg Tablet with food.
How Qinarsol Tablet works
Qinarsol 300mg tablet is a weak base that reaches high concentration within the malarial parasite and causes accumulation of toxic heme pigment, which kills it.
In Depth Information on Qinarsol Tablet
Expert advice for Qinarsol Tablet
- Take this medication with meals to minimize chances of stomach upset.
- Tell your doctor if you have any heart problems related to irregular rhythm of heartbeats or any liver or kidney disorder.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience unexplained bleeding or bruising as quinine may decrease platelet count in blood (thrombocytopenia).
- You should regularly check the blood glucose levels during the treatment with quinine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to quinine or any of its ingredients or mefloquine or quinidine.
- Avoid if Patients have prolonged QT interval (disordered electrical activity of heart leading to heart disorders).
- Avoid if Patients is suffering from glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a hereditary disorder affecting red blood cells).
- Do not take if suffering from myasthenia gravis (a rare disorder characterized by severe muscle weakness).
- Avoid if Patients has optic neuritis (inflammation of the eye nerve causing visual disorders).
- Do not take if Patients have history of blackwater fever (a complication of malaria), thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (a rare blood disorder) or thrombocytopenia (abnormally low number of platelets in blood).
- Avoid if Patients is suffering from tinnitus (ringing in ears) or hematuria (blood in the urine).
Special precautions for Qinarsol 300mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Qinarsol 300mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Qinarsol 300mg Tablet is safe to use during lactation. Huma+more
n studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Qinarsol 300mg Tablet may affect your vision and cause vertigo (dizziness or spinning sensation) which may affect your ability to drive....
Qinarsol 300mg Tablet may affect your vision and cause vertigo (dizziness or spinning sensation) which may affect your ability to drive.
Qinarsol 300mg Tablet should be used with caution in patient+more
s with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Qinarsol 300mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Qinarsol 300mg Tablet should be used with caution in patient+more
s with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Qinarsol 300mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Dixin 3mg/5ml Syrup, Rantac 50mg/2ml Injection, Peptiran 75mg/5ml Syrup, Aciloc 25mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Qinarsol 300mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Quinine
Yes. Qinarsol is used in certain cases to prevent and treat night leg cramps which regularly disrupt sleep
No. Qinarsol is not indicated for use in neurological conditions like restless leg syndrome. It is used in certain cases to prevent and treat night leg cramps
Q. Is quinine an alkaloid/ a stimulant/ a diuretic?
Quinine is an alkaloid obtained from bark of the cinchona tree. It is not a stimulant (i.e. does not stimulate the brain or any mental functions) or a diuretic (does not increase urine output)
Q. Can you take quinine with warfarin?
Taking warfarin with quinine may increase risk of unexplained bleeding or bruising as quinine may decrease platelet count in blood (thrombocytopenia). Please inform your doctor about all medications you are taking currently before starting quinine treatment
No. Qinarsol does not prevent malaria. It is used for the treatment of malaria (caused by parasite Plasmodium falciparum) which is resistant to multiple drugs including chloroquine.
User Submitted Feedback For Qinarsol 300mg Tablet
Patients taking Qinarsol 300mg Tablet
Twice A Day
Once A Day
Thrice A Day
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Qinarsol 300mg Tablet: Health Arx Technologies Private Limited, Amishi Consumer Technologies P Ltd, Organic India Private Limited, Delhi Cryogenic Products Pvt Ltd, First Step Digital Pvt Ltd, Gupta Homoeo Pharmacy Pvt Ltd, Organic Wellness Products Private Limited, RK Sons, Pills Tree Super Pharmacy, Melting Pot Concepts Pvt Ltd, Zywie Ventures Pvt Ltd, Lifecare Chemist (PAN India), SBL Pvt Ltd, Satyog Enterprises Pvt Ltd, Ghantakarn International, Aashirwad Agency, Airveda Technologies Pvt Ltd, Fit and Glow Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Keshav Homeo Home, Radicura Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Perfect Nutrition, Jiva Ayurvedic Pharmacy Ltd, Sharma Traders, Bright Lifecare Pvt Ltd, Delhi Vendor, Maximaa Systems Ltd, Swadeshi Ayurved, Sri Jain Pharmacy, Inlife Pharma Pvt Ltd, Herbolab India Pvt Ltd, Ayush Enterprises, Priya Entreprises, Gallop Trading Company, Planet Ayurveda, Life aid Homeopathic and ayurvedic store, Emmbros Overseas, Makvis, Herboveda India, Rusan Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Delhi Distributors, Hexagon Nutrition Pvt. Ltd., BestSource Nutrition Private Limited, Biomed Distributors, Star medicare, DF Pharmacy Ltd, Do You Even Gym, 9 to 9 Farmacia, The Medicine Mart, Bantom Laboratories P Ltd , 9to9 Farmacia (South), Madhu Medicos, M/s R&G Healthcare (Delhi), OHMS GROUP
Substitutes for Qinarsol Tablet
Rez Q 300mg Tablet
Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
Sulfaquin Kid 300mg Tablet
Indica Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Qunimax 300mg Tablet
Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Quinolod 300mg Tablet
Swiquin 300mg Tablet
Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd