food interaction for Q PRESS
alcohol interaction for Q PRESS
pregnancy interaction for Q PRESS
lactation interaction for Q PRESS
medicine interaction for Q PRESS
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR Q PRESS
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR Q PRESSNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR Q PRESS
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
- Notify the doctor if you have signs of recurrent infections (sore throat, chills, fever), these may be signs of neutropenia (unusually low number of cells called neutrophils, a type of white blood cells).
- Quinapril should be discontinued a day prior to any surgery.
- Notify your doctor if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing. This may occur in 1 out of 100 patients taking the Quinapril.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- A persistent dry cough is common with Quinapril. Notify the doctor if the cough becomes bothersome. Do not take any cough medicines.
- Quinapril may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment, especially after the first dose. To avoid this, take the Quinapril at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving if you feel dizzy after consuming Quinapril.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
Frequently asked questions FOR Q PRESS
Q. Does quinapril contain quinine/ diuretic?
Quinapril does not contain quinine or diuretic
Q. Does quinapril lower heart rate/ cause weight gain/ erectile dysfunction/ hair loss/ insomnia/ make you sleepy?
Quinapril does not lower rate or cause weight gain, erectile dysfunction, hair loss or sleepiness. However, it is known to cause insomnia. Please consult your doctor if you experience any such side effects
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with quinapril?
Do not take ibuprofen with quinapril as it is known to interact when taken together. Please consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.