Information about Quinapril
Quinapril is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
How quinapril works
Quinapril is an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It works by reducing stress on the heart and relaxing blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
Common side effects of quinapril
Decreased blood pressure, Cough, Increased potassium level in blood, Fatigue, Weakness, Dizziness, Renal impairment
Available Medicine for Quinapril
- ₹41 to ₹122Pfizer Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹153Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Quinapril
- You may get a dry cough while using Quinapril. Report to your doctor if there is a persistent cough.
- Quinapril may cause the level of potassium in blood to go up. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- You shouldn’t take Quinapril if you’re pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Quinapril may cause birth defects or be fatal to your unborn baby.
Frequently asked questions for Quinapril
Q. Does quinapril contain quinine/ diuretic?
Quinapril does not contain quinine or diuretic
Q. Does quinapril lower heart rate/ cause weight gain/ erectile dysfunction/ hair loss/ insomnia/ make you sleepy?
Quinapril does not lower rate or cause weight gain, erectile dysfunction, hair loss or sleepiness. However, it is known to cause insomnia. Please consult your doctor if you experience any such side effects
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with quinapril?
Do not take ibuprofen with quinapril as it is known to interact when taken together. Please consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.