food interaction for PURECEF
alcohol interaction for PURECEF
pregnancy interaction for PURECEF
lactation interaction for PURECEF
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PURECEF
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PURECEF
- KEPHAZON 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 295/injectionRs. 295pay 145% more per injection
- CEFPAR 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 44.62/injectionRs. 44.62save 63% more per injection
- CEFPRA 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Ampra PharmaceuticalsRs. 65.62/injectionRs. 65.62save 45% more per injection
- CEFOPERAZONE 1GM INJETION(1 injection in vial)Jan AushadhiRs. 59.78/injectionRs. 59.78save 50% more per injection
- CEFOMYCIN 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 244.58/injectionRs. 244.58pay 103% more per injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for PURECEF
- If you have history of allergy due to cefoperazone or any other cephalosporin or penicillin antibiotics.
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are already taking any other antibiotic like aminoglycosides or other cephalosporins as it may cause kidney toxicity.
Frequently asked questions for PURECEF
Q.What is cefoperazone sulbactam?
Combination of cefoperazone and sulbactam (beta lactamase inhibitor) are used for the treatment of intra-abdominal infections
Q.Is cefoperazone nephrotoxic?
No, cefoperazona is not a nephrotoxic drug when given alone, but when given along with aminoglycosides (gentamicin, tobramycin) or other cephalosporins antibiotics, it may increase nephrotoxicity. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is cefoperazone safe?
Cefoperazone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.