food interaction for KEPHAZON
alcohol interaction for KEPHAZON
pregnancy interaction for KEPHAZON
lactation interaction for KEPHAZON
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR KEPHAZON
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR KEPHAZON
- PURECEF 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 120.31/injectionRs. 120.31save 59% more per injection
- CEFPAR 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 44.62/injectionRs. 44.62save 85% more per injection
- CEFPRA 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Ampra PharmaceuticalsRs. 65.62/injectionRs. 65.62save 78% more per injection
- CBACT 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Biosena LifescienceRs. 228.75/injectionRs. 228.75save 22% more per injection
- CEFOMYCIN 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 244.58/injectionRs. 244.58save 17% more per injection
Expert advice FOR KEPHAZON
- If you have history of allergy due to cefoperazone or any other cephalosporin or penicillin antibiotics.
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are already taking any other antibiotic like aminoglycosides or other cephalosporins as it may cause kidney toxicity.
Frequently asked questions FOR KEPHAZON
Q. What is cefoperazone sulbactam?
Combination of cefoperazone and sulbactam (beta lactamase inhibitor) are used for the treatment of intra-abdominal infections
Q. Is cefoperazone nephrotoxic?
No, cefoperazona is not a nephrotoxic drug when given alone, but when given along with aminoglycosides (gentamicin, tobramycin) or other cephalosporins antibiotics, it may increase nephrotoxicity. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Is cefoperazone safe?
Cefoperazone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.