Information about Cefoperazone
Cefoperazone is used in the treatment of Bacterial infections.
How cefoperazone works
Cefoperazone is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects of cefoperazone
Allergic reaction, Nausea, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Cefoperazone
- ₹124 to ₹546Pfizer Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹295United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹120Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹212Gland Pharma Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹56Panacea Biotec Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹244Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹62Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹228Biosena Lifescience1 variant(s)
- ₹125Bennet Pharmaceuticals Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹144Acron Pharmaceuticals3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefoperazone
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better.
- Never take an antibiotic for a viral infection like a cold or the flu.
- Can lead to nausea and diarrhoea frequently. If this becomes severe or persistent or you notice that your stool contains blood or mucus you should stop taking Cefoperazone immediately and consult your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you develop a rash or other unexpected symptoms.
- Inform your doctor if there is the previous history of drug allergy.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Cefoperazone
Q. What is cefoperazone sulbactam?
Combination of cefoperazone and sulbactam (beta lactamase inhibitor) are used for the treatment of intra-abdominal infections
Q. Is Cefoperazone nephrotoxic?
No, cefoperazona is not a nephrotoxic drug when given alone, but when given along with aminoglycosides (gentamicin, tobramycin) or other cephalosporins antibiotics, it may increase nephrotoxicity. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Is Cefoperazone safe?
Cefoperazone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.