food interaction for PRUTIS
alcohol interaction for PRUTIS
pregnancy interaction for PRUTIS
lactation interaction for PRUTIS
Avoid Prutis 600mg tablet with dairy products such as milk, cheese, curd, butter, paneer and ice cream.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PRUTIS
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PRUTIS
- PERCIN 600 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 75.50/tabletRs. 377.50pay 68% more per tablet
- PRULIN 600 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Meyer Organics Pvt LtdRs. 60/tabletRs. 300pay 33% more per tablet
- PUNOX 600 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 78.80/tabletRs. 394pay 75% more per tablet
- PRUFLOX 600 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 63.80/tabletRs. 319pay 42% more per tablet
- RULIZO 600 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 59.20/tabletRs. 296pay 32% more per tablet
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for PRUTIS
- Do not start or continue the prulifloxacin tablet if you are allergic to prulifloxacin or any of the its ingredients.
- Do not take prulifloxacin if you have history of tendon diseases related to administration of quinolones.
- Do not take prulifloxacin if you have celiac disease (hypersensitivity to gluten for small intestine, leading to difficulty in digesting food).
- Avoid using prulifloxacin if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Avoid use in elderly patients (risk of tendon damage).
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or UV rays.
- Do not use for prolonged duration, as it may result in development of drug-resistant bacteria.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of following disease conditions: G6PD deficiency fits (seizures), low potassium and calcium in the blood, rhythm disorders, kidney problems.
Frequently asked questions for PRUTIS
Q.Prulifloxacin is used for?
Prulifloxacin is used to treat acute uncomplicated lower urinary tract infections (simple cystits) and complicated lower urinary tract infections. It is also used to treat severe symptoms of chronic inflammation of the air passages (bronchitis).Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use.