Information about Aceclofenac
Aceclofenac is used for pain relief. It relieves pain and inflammation in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and osteoarthritis.
How aceclofenac works
Aceclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of aceclofenac
Vomiting, Stomach pain / epigastric pain, Nausea, Indigestion, Diarrhea, Heartburn, Loss of appetite
Available Medicine for Aceclofenac
- ₹19 to ₹65Ipca Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹81Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹59Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹95Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹57Medley Pharmaceuticals4 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹30Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹42FDC Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹34 to ₹55Panacea Biotec Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹33Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹52Leeford Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aceclofenac
- You have been prescribed Aceclofenac to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Take it with food or milk to prevent upset stomach.
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Long term use may lead to serious complications such as stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
- It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or visual disturbances. Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Aceclofenac as it can cause excessive drowsiness and increase your risk of stomach problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart disease or stroke.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney function, liver function and levels of blood components, if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.
Frequently asked questions for Aceclofenac
Q. Is aceclofenac safe?
Aceclofenac (also available as Hifenac, Zerodol) is safe at the prescribed dose by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is aceclofenac a painkiller/ antipyretic/ antibiotic?
Aceclofenac is a pain relieving medication and not an antibiotic. It may reduce fever; however consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Is aceclofenac better than diclofenac?
Aceclofenac is structurally related and metabolised to diclofenac. Both are equally effective and safe in relieving pain. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is aceclofenac paracetamol/ aspirin?
No. Aceclofenac is not paracetamol or aspirin.