Information about Aceclofenac
Aceclofenac is used in fever, headache, arthralgia, myalgia, dental pain, post operative pain, pain during menstruation, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and gout.
How aceclofenac works
Aceclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of aceclofenac
Available Medicine for Aceclofenac
- ₹35 to ₹57Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹74Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹54Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹60Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹48Medley Pharmaceuticals4 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹28Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹35FDC Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹57Ipca Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹50Saffron Therapeutics Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹8 to ₹30Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aceclofenac
Do not take aceclofenac tablets:
- If you are allergic to aceclofenac or any of the other ingredients of aceclofenac tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have stomach ulcer or intestinal bleeding, severe kidney disease, heart attack, liver failure, bleeding or bleeding disorders.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered before taking aceclofenac tablets in case of any following diseases:
- Diseases of the stomach or intestines
- Disease that causes ulcers on the lining of the large gut (ulcerative colitis).
- Crohn’s disease (serious inflammation of any part of the gastrointestinal tract).
- Blood disorders, problems with the circulation of the blood to your brain.
- Asthma or any other breathing problems.
- Disturbance of metabolism that can be seen as disorders of the skin or other organs (porphyria).
- Heart problems, stroke, high blood pressure (hypertension), diabetes, high cholesterol.
Frequently asked questions for Aceclofenac
Q. Is aceclofenac safe?
Aceclofenac (also available as Hifenac, Zerodol) is safe at the prescribed dose by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is aceclofenac a painkiller/ antipyretic/ antibiotic?
Aceclofenac is a pain relieving medication and not an antibiotic. It may reduce fever; however consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Is aceclofenac better than diclofenac?
Aceclofenac and diclofenac are equally effective and safe in relieving pain. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is aceclofenac paracetamol/ aspirin?
No. Aceclofenac is not paracetamol or aspirin.