Information about Aceclofenac
Aceclofenac is used for pain relief. It relieves pain and inflammation in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and osteoarthritis.
How aceclofenac works
Aceclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by suppressing the production of chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that cause inflammation (redness and swelling), fever and pain.
Common side effects of aceclofenac
Abdominal pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Epigastric pain, Flatulence, Vomiting, Nausea, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Aceclofenac
- ₹33 to ₹54Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹28Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹38FDC Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹50Saffron Therapeutics Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹33Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹64Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹56 to ₹75Akumentis Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹47Wockhardt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹41Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47Obsurge Biotech Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aceclofenac
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Aceclofenac can raise a risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Aceclofenac
Q. Is aceclofenac safe?
Aceclofenac (also available as Hifenac, Zerodol) is safe at the prescribed dose by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is aceclofenac a painkiller/ antipyretic/ antibiotic?
Aceclofenac is a pain relieving medication and not an antibiotic. It may reduce fever; however consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Is aceclofenac better than diclofenac?
Aceclofenac is structurally related and metabolised to diclofenac. Both are equally effective and safe in relieving pain. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is aceclofenac paracetamol/ aspirin?
No. Aceclofenac is not paracetamol or aspirin.