Information about Aceclofenac
Aceclofenac is used in fever, headache, arthralgia, myalgia, dental pain, post operative pain, pain during menstruation, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and gout.
How aceclofenac works
Aceclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of aceclofenac
Abdominal pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Epigastric pain, Flatulence, Vomiting, Nausea, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Aceclofenac
- ₹35 to ₹57Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹74Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹54Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹60Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹52Medley Pharmaceuticals4 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹28Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹35FDC Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹57Ipca Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹50Saffron Therapeutics Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹8 to ₹30Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aceclofenac
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Aceclofenac can raise a risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Aceclofenac
Q. Is aceclofenac safe?
Aceclofenac (also available as Hifenac, Zerodol) is safe at the prescribed dose by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is aceclofenac a painkiller/ antipyretic/ antibiotic?
Aceclofenac is a pain relieving medication and not an antibiotic. It may reduce fever; however consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Is aceclofenac better than diclofenac?
Aceclofenac and diclofenac are equally effective and safe in relieving pain. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is aceclofenac paracetamol/ aspirin?
No. Aceclofenac is not paracetamol or aspirin.