Information about Prulifloxacin
Prulifloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How prulifloxacin works
Prulifloxacin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting the DNA replication.
Common side effects of prulifloxacin
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Prulifloxacin
- ₹377Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹300Meyer Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹433Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹296Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹319Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹412United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹225Hetero Drugs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹397Invision Medi Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹360Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹375Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Prulifloxacin
- Do not start or continue the prulifloxacin tablet if you are allergic to prulifloxacin or any of the its ingredients.
- Do not take prulifloxacin if you have history of tendon diseases related to administration of quinolones.
- Do not take prulifloxacin if you have celiac disease (hypersensitivity to gluten for small intestine, leading to difficulty in digesting food).
- Avoid using prulifloxacin if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Avoid use in elderly patients (risk of tendon damage).
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or UV rays.
- Do not use for prolonged duration, as it may result in development of drug-resistant bacteria.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of following disease conditions: G6PD deficiency fits (seizures), low potassium and calcium in the blood, rhythm disorders, kidney problems.
Frequently asked questions for Prulifloxacin
Q. Prulifloxacin is used for?
Prulifloxacin is used to treat acute uncomplicated lower urinary tract infections (simple cystits) and complicated lower urinary tract infections. It is also used to treat severe symptoms of chronic inflammation of the air passages (bronchitis).Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use.