Information about Prulifloxacin
Prulifloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin and soft tissues, windpipe and lungs (pneumonia).
How prulifloxacin works
Prulifloxacin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from reproducing and repairing themselves. This treats your infection.
Common side effects of prulifloxacin
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Prulifloxacin
- ₹396Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹329Meyer Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹433Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹296Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹350Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹453United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹225Hetero Drugs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹245Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹264Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹360Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Prulifloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Prulifloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Prulifloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Prulifloxacin
Q. Prulifloxacin is used for?
Prulifloxacin is used to treat acute uncomplicated lower urinary tract infections (simple cystits) and complicated lower urinary tract infections. It is also used to treat severe symptoms of chronic inflammation of the air passages (bronchitis).Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use.