food interaction for PROPYNATE E
alcohol interaction for PROPYNATE E
pregnancy interaction for PROPYNATE E
lactation interaction for PROPYNATE E
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PROPYNATE E
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PROPYNATE E
- PROPYNATE 0.05% LOTION(25 ML lotion in bottle)Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLPRs. 4.36/ML of lotionRs. 109pay 32% more per ML of lotion
- PROPYNATE 0.05% LOTION(50 ML lotion in bottle)Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLPRs. 2.34/ML of lotionRs. 117.13save 29% more per ML of lotion
- BETSALIC 0.05% LOTION(25 ML lotion in bottle)East West PharmaRs. 2.08/ML of lotionRs. 52save 37% more per ML of lotion
- Dr. Jasjeet Singh WasirMBBS, MD
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sunil Kumar MishraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sujeet JhaMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sfurti MannMBBS, MD, Diploma
Expert advice for PROPYNATE E
Frequently asked questions for PROPYNATE E
Q.Is betamethasone cream available as over the counter (OTC) product?
Betamethasone cream is not available as OTC product
Q.Does betamethasone topical lighten skin/ bleach skin?
Betamethasone topical may cause skin pigmentation in few patients. It may lighten or darken the skin color. Do not use betamethasone without doctor's advice
Q.Is betamethasone valerate used for acne/ ringworm?
No. Betamethasone valerate can be used in conditions like eczema (a type of itchy skin rash), atopic dermatitis (inflammation of skin) and psoriasis of the scalp, hands and feet
Q.Does betnesol work in retention edema?
No. Betnesol (i.e. betamethasone) cannot be used in retention edema. On the contrary, it causes the fluid and salt retention thereby adding to the edema problem
Q.Is betamethasone stronger than hydrocortisone?
Betamethasone and hydrocortisone belong to the same class of medications (i.e. corticosteroids) and produce almost similar pharmacological responses. The effect may vary based on the conditions and individual response. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use.