Medicine Overview of Propovan Infusion
Uses of Propovan Infusion
Propovan 1% Infusion is used for General Anaesthesia.
Side effects of Propovan Infusion
Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Local site pain, Transient apnea, Slow heart rate, Decreased blood pressure.
How to use Propovan Infusion
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How Propovan Infusion works
Propovan 1% infusion causes a reversible loss of consciousness allowing surgery without pain and distress.
In Depth Information on Propovan Infusion
Expert advice for Propovan Infusion
- Inform your doctor if you have or ever had seizures or convulsions, high triglycerides, mitochondrial disease.
- Do not drive or operate machinery for at least 24 hours after you have been treated with propofol, as it may cause dizziness or sleepiness.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop allergic reactions: difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Tell your doctor if you have heart, breathing, kidney or liver problems.
- Do not consume alcohol before the administration of propofol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Propovan 1% Infusion
Propovan 1% Infusion may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
Propovan 1% Infusion is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Propovan 1% Infusion should be used with caution during lact+more
ation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Propovan 1% Infusion may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Propovan 1% Infusion is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Propovan 1% Infusion is recommended.+more
Caution should be advised in patients with renal failure....
Caution should be advised in patients with renal failure.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Substitutes for Propovan Infusion
Critifol 1% Infusion
Abbott India Ltd
₹8.0/ml of Infusion
Pacifol 1% Infusion
Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹8.2/ml of Infusion
Neorof 1% Infusion
Neon Laboratories Ltd
₹9.64/ml of Infusion
Profol 1% Infusion
Claris Lifesciences Ltd
₹9.65/ml of Infusion
Profol Spiva 1% Infusion
Claris Lifesciences Ltd
₹15.0/ml of Infusion