Information about Propofol
Propofol is used for general Anaesthesia.
How propofol works
Propofol is a general anaesthetic. It works by causing reversible loss of consciousness. This allows surgical procedures to be carried out without pain and distress.
Common side effects of propofol
Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Local site pain, Transient apnea, Slow heart rate, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Propofol
- ₹286 to ₹500Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹72 to ₹482Neon Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹73 to ₹367Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹146Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹121 to ₹290Celon Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹146Themis Medicare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹482Claris Lifesciences Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹237 to ₹750Claris Lifesciences Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹189Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹422Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Propofol
- Propofol helps induce unconsciousness (sleep) so that surgical operations or other procedures can be performed.
- It is given to you as an injection by your doctor.
- After use, you may still feel sleepy for some time. Do not drive or do anything that requires focus until you are sure the effects have subsided.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.