Information about Propofol
Propofol is used for general Anaesthesia.
How propofol works
Propofol is a general anaesthetic. It works by causing reversible loss of consciousness. This allows surgical procedures to be carried out without pain and distress.
Common side effects of propofol
Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Local site pain, Transient apnea, Slow heart rate, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Propofol
- ₹286 to ₹500Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹72 to ₹482Neon Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹73 to ₹367Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹146Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹121 to ₹290Celon Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹88 to ₹147Themis Medicare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹237 to ₹750Claris Lifesciences Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹482Claris Lifesciences Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹189Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹422Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Propofol
- Inform your doctor if you have or ever had seizures or convulsions, high triglycerides, mitochondrial disease.
- Do not drive or operate machinery for at least 24 hours after you have been treated with propofol, as it may cause dizziness or sleepiness.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop allergic reactions: difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Tell your doctor if you have heart, breathing, kidney or liver problems.
- Do not consume alcohol before the administration of propofol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.