food interaction for PROGENE
alcohol interaction for PROGENE
pregnancy interaction for PROGENE
lactation interaction for PROGENE
medicine interaction for PROGENE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PROGENE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR PROGENE
- AVOMINE 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 3.17/tabletRs. 31.73pay 205% more per tablet
- PHENERGAN 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 2.85/tabletRs. 28.49pay 174% more per tablet
- EMIN 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 1.43/tabletRs. 14.34pay 38% more per tablet
- PREMAGAN 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Shine Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.10/tabletRs. 20.97pay 101% more per tablet
- REGAN 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)A N PharmaciaRs. 2.29/tabletRs. 22.86pay 120% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR PROGENE
- Do not start or continue the promethazine tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to promethazine or any of the other ingredients of promethazine tablet.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking promethazine if you feel drowsy.
- Do not use promethazine for more than 7 days without doctor’s advice.
- Do not use in patients in coma or suffering from depression.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of following disease conditions: severe coronary artery disease, narrow angle glaucoma, epilepsy (fits) or liver or kidney problem, block in the junction of stomach and intestine (pyloro-duodenal obstruction) or in the bladder neck.
Frequently asked questions FOR PROGENE
Q. Is promethazine or Promethazine DM syrup a narcotic/opiate/pain killer?
Promethazine is antihistaminic drug and not a narcotic/opiate/pain killer. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q. Is promethazine over the counter?
No, it is available with doctor's prescription only
Q. Can I take promethazine for a hangover/sore throat/ nausea/stomach flu/cramps/toothache/ headache/ cough/pain?
Promethazine is used for treatment of symptoms of allergies, but not used for hangover, sore throat, stomach flu, cramps, toothache, headache and cough. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take promethazine with Nyquil/ codeine and ibuprofen/ Tylenol/ oxycodone/ Benadryl/ Dayquil/ Zofran/codeine and Nyquil/Xanax?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of promethazine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does promethazine/Promethazine VC have codeine in it?
No, it does not contain codeine in it
Q. Does promethazine or Promethazine DM make you sleepy/ get you high/make you tired?
Promethazine may cause these side effects which are not serious. However, always consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.