Information about Promethazine
How Promethazine works
Promethazine is an antiallergic medication. When your body is exposed to an allergen (pollen, animal dander, house dust etc.), it produces a chemical called histamine. This causes watery eyes, runny or blocked nose, sneezing, skin rashes, itching etc. Promethazine works by blocking the action of histamine, thereby relieving these symptoms. It also works directly on several areas of the brain to prevent nausea/vomiting and help you feel more relaxed.
Common side effects of Promethazine
Dryness in mouth, Blurred vision, Headache, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Promethazine
₹24 to ₹502 variant(s)
₹9 to ₹454 variant(s)
₹45 to ₹3902 variant(s)
PhenzeeMenarini India Pvt Ltd
PhenaInd Swift Laboratories Ltd
₹13 to ₹282 variant(s)
PremaganShine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹6 to ₹284 variant(s)
PhenazineJagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd
LarganSouthshourne Corporation India
MexiphenLeeford Healthcare Ltd
Largan PSouthshourne Corporation India
Expert advice for Promethazine
- Promethazine helps treat nausea, vomiting and allergic conditions
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Promethazine can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication as it may cause increased sleepiness.
- It may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight. Avoid exposing your skin to strong sunlight, use a sunscreen lotion or make sure your skin is protected with clothing.
- Do not take it for longer than 7 days. If your symptoms worsen or do not improve after 7 days, talk to your doctor.
- Stop taking it at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.