Medicine Overview of Procarb Tablet
Nausea, Vomiting, Decreased appetite.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Procarb 50mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Avoid Procarb 50mg Tablet with tyramine-rich food such as cheese, smoked fish, meats and some types of beer.
Procarbazine belongs to a group of medicines called antineoplastic alkylating agents. It works by inhibiting protein, RNA, and DNA synthesis, which helps to stop the growth of cancer cells in the body.
In Depth Information on Procarb Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from severe hepatic or kidney disease, any disorder of the heart or circulation, have a tumor on the adrenal gland, causing high blood pressure, epilepsy (fits) or had stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you have severe leucopenia or thrombocytopenia from any cause.
- Take precautions as Procarbazine may lower the ability of your body to fight infections making you susceptible to infections.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as Procarbazine may cause drowsiness.
- You may need to regularly check and monitor blood counts due to the possibility of bone-marrow suppression with Procarbazine therapy.
- Do not take any live vaccines during or within at least 6 months of treatment with Procarbazine.
Procarb Tablet related warnings
Procarb 50mg Tablet may cause symptoms such as flushing, increased heartbeat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressure with alcohol (Disulfiram reactions).
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Procarb 50mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Procarb 50mg Tablet is unsafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Procarb 50mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Procarb 50mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Procarb 50mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Procarb 50mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Procarb 50mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Procarb 50mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Procarb 50mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Procarb 50mg Tablet: FGH, BDN, RHW, ABP, NDP, GTC, SWP, DFP, BBS, PWN, SHD, MAX, BMJ, NTB, SGC, VRS, BHP, KHH, NSL, AAY, BIO, CLT, ADT, MLC, RSA, PTI, HAT, EMB, SHP, PNT, SRG, 9T9, MSD, RJH, WSI, MDO, NVL, GBL, SBL, MAK, TRP, PEN, BSN, RHL, RSS, PVP, DGN, RKS, EQN, BAL, ZVP, OLT, JMJ, ATP, DPP, SBA, PPR, MAM, MPC, INC, SAF, OWP, SVH, ZEL, AYU, HIP, TOM, SJP, USF, THP, GNC, HPC, ANT, AVN, IAD, SDM, TNH, MOM, GTK, SCH, SSA, ARD, DHR, OIP, JIV, SYN, STA, ENP, RUS, GPT, WHL, MMS, UMP, IPL, RWP, DYG, PLT, SAT, HGI, HMP, NVY, HEX, SWA, DPL, JVO, BTM, NNH, DLP, RPP, DDR, AMR, NWP, OHM, ATL, LCC, LHA, HBV, PRN, NXG, AGT, AAR, JVN, GPP