Information about Amineptine
Amineptine is used in the treatment of depression. It is used in patients intolerant of or unresponsive to alternative treatment options for depression.
How amineptine works
Amineptine increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects of amineptine
Sleepiness, Increased heart rate, Blurred vision, Dryness in mouth, Weight gain, Difficulty in urination, Constipation, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
Available Medicine for Amineptine
- ₹162Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Amineptine
- The main dose should be taken at night as this drug may produce drowsiness or sleepiness.
- It can take 4 to 6 weeks for Amineptine to start working.
- You should continue the treatment for at least 6 months after you feel better to stop depression from coming back.
- If your doctor asks you to stop Amineptine, you should reduce the dose slowly over 4 weeks. You should not discontinue it abruptly.
- Avoid driving or operating machinery as it may decrease alertness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Amineptine, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The addiction/dependence potential of Amineptine is very less.
- It may be extremely dangerous in overdose.