Amineptine is used in the treatment of depression
How it works
Amineptine increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects
Sleepiness, Increased heart rate, Blurred vision, Dry mouth, Weight gain, Difficulty in urination, Constipation, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
- ₹162Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- It can take 4 to 6 weeks for Amineptine to start working.
- You should continue the treatment for at least 6 months after you feel better to stop depression from coming back.
- If your doctor asks you to stop Amineptine, you should reduce the dose slowly over 4 weeks.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Amineptine, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The addiction/dependence potential of Amineptine is very less.
- It may be extremely dangerous in overdose.