Amineptine is used to treat symptoms of depression.
How it works
Amineptine belongs to a class of drugs called tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs). It works by balancing the signal mechanism in the brain.
Common side effects
Nausea, Palpitations, Allergic skin rash, Confusion, Decreased blood pressure, Insomnia, Irritation, Stomach discomfort
- 1 variant(s)
- Take precautions while taking amineptine along with blood thinning medications and hypertension medications as it may affect the effectiveness of the drug.
- Do not drive or operate machinery during Amineptine therapy as it may cause drowsiness.
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to amineptine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take this drug if you have neurological conditions such as chorea (abnormal involuntary movements)
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.