Amineptine is used in the treatment of depression
How it works
Amineptine increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects
Sleepiness, Increased heart rate, Blurred vision, Dry mouth, Weight gain, Difficulty in urination, Constipation, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
- ₹162Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- Take precautions while taking amineptine along with blood thinning medications and hypertension medications as it may affect the effectiveness of the drug.
- Do not drive or operate machinery during Amineptine therapy as it may cause drowsiness.
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to amineptine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take this drug if you have neurological conditions such as chorea (abnormal involuntary movements)
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.