food interaction for POLOSTAN
alcohol interaction for POLOSTAN
pregnancy interaction for POLOSTAN
lactation interaction for POLOSTAN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for POLOSTAN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for POLOSTAN
- POLARAMINE 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Fulford India LtdRs. 1.60/tabletRs. 15.98save 39% more per tablet
- DIOMINIC 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.97/tabletRs. 9.67save 63% more per tablet
- DEXODIL 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Psychotropics India LtdRs. 1.80/tabletRs. 18save 31% more per tablet
- ATMINIC 2MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Atopic LaboratoriesRs. 1.05/tabletRs. 10.50save 60% more per tablet
- SYNRAMINE 2MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)PsycormediesRs. 1.18/tabletRs. 11.78save 55% more per tablet
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for POLOSTAN
- Do not dexchlorpheniramine, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to dexchlorpheniramine or any of the other ingredients of dexchlorpheniramine tablet.
- Consult your doctor before taking dexchlorpheniramine if you have fits (epilepsy); enlarged prostate; increased pressure in the eye that cause visual problems (glaucoma); heart disease; liver disease; lung disease; or an overactive thyroid gland.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking dexchlorpheniramine because you may feel sleepy.
Frequently asked questions for POLOSTAN
Q.Does dexchlorpheniramine or dexchlorpheniramine maleate cause increase in blood pressure/ drowsy/non drowsy/sedating/get you high/keep you awake/sleepiness/make you tired/weight gain?
Dexchlorpheniramine causing these side effects is common or rare. Always consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Is dexchlorpheniramine like Benadryl?
No, dexchlorpheniramine is different from Benadryl
Q.Is dexchlorpheniramine prescription?
Yes, it is available with doctor's prescription only
Q.Can I take dexchlorpheniramine with Panadol/cetirizine/Zyrtec/Allegra/ warfarin/diphenhydramine/ibuprofen/Claritin/guaifenesin/Benadryl?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of dexchlorpheniramine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.