Information about Dexchlorpheniramine
Dexchlorpheniramine is used in the treatment of allergic disorders.
How dexchlorpheniramine works
Dexchlorpheniramine blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, congestion, itching, and other allergic reactions.
Common side effects of dexchlorpheniramine
Nausea, Rash, Blurred vision, Chest tightness, Chills, Constipation, Coordination impaired, Dizziness, Dry nose, Difficulty in urination, Early menstrual periods, Headache, Loss of appetite, Nasal congestion, Sedation, Sleepiness, Frequent urge to urinate, Vertigo, Wheezing, Dry mouth, Fatigue.
Available Medicine for Dexchlorpheniramine
- ₹18 to ₹40Psychotropics India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹22Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹37Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹34Yash Pharma Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10Bennet Pharmaceuticals Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹10Atopic Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹32Zee Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹15Theo Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12Dial Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹11Psycormedies1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dexchlorpheniramine
- Do not dexchlorpheniramine, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to dexchlorpheniramine or any of the other ingredients of dexchlorpheniramine tablet.
- Consult your doctor before taking dexchlorpheniramine if you have fits (epilepsy); enlarged prostate; increased pressure in the eye that cause visual problems (glaucoma); heart disease; liver disease; lung disease; or an overactive thyroid gland.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking dexchlorpheniramine because you may feel sleepy.
Frequently asked questions for Dexchlorpheniramine
Q. Does dexchlorpheniramine or dexchlorpheniramine maleate cause increase in blood pressure/ drowsy/non drowsy/sedating/get you high/keep you awake/sleepiness/make you tired/weight gain?
Dexchlorpheniramine causing these side effects is common or rare. Always consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q. Is dexchlorpheniramine like Benadryl?
No, dexchlorpheniramine is different from Benadryl
Q. Is dexchlorpheniramine prescription?
Yes, it is available with doctor's prescription only
Q. Can I take dexchlorpheniramine with Panadol/cetirizine/Zyrtec/Allegra/ warfarin/diphenhydramine/ibuprofen/Claritin/guaifenesin/Benadryl?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of dexchlorpheniramine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.