food interaction for PICLIN
alcohol interaction for PICLIN
pregnancy interaction for PICLIN
lactation interaction for PICLIN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PICLIN
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR PICLIN 10 MG TABLET
Patients taking PICLIN 10 MG TABLET
- 92%Once A Day
- 8%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR PICLIN
- CREMALAX 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 6.35/tabletRs. 63.50pay 25% more per tablet
- COLVAC 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 5.40/tabletRs. 54pay 6% more per tablet
- COLAX 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Strassenburg Pharmaceuticals.LtdRs. 5.30/tabletRs. 53pay 4% more per tablet
- SP LAX 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Speciality Meditech Pvt LtdRs. 3/tabletRs. 30.05save 41% more per tablet
- PICSUL 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mission Research Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 3.85/tabletRs. 38.50save 25% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR PICLIN
- Together with Sodium Picosulfate, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- Avoid taking a Sodium Picosulfate for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Take Sodium Picosulfate after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
- Sodium Picosulfate should be preferably taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
Frequently asked questions FOR PICLIN
Q. Is sodium picosulfate safe?
Yes. Sodium picosulfate is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is sodium picosulfate a sulfa drug?
No. Sodium picosulfate is used to provide relief from constipation. The chemical structure and mechanism of action of sodium picosulfate is different from sulfa drugs
Q. What is sodium picosulfate?
Sodium picosulfate belongs to a class of drugs called laxatives
Q. What does it do?
It provides relief from constipation by stimulating the bowel muscles to propel stools out of the body
Q. Does sodium picosulfate work?
Yes, sodium picosulfate is an effective laxative that provides relief from constipation by stimulating the bowel muscles to propel stools out of the body
Q. How fast does it work?
It provides overnight relief from constipation and helps body return to its natural cycle.