food interaction for PEXOPRAM
alcohol interaction for PEXOPRAM
pregnancy interaction for PEXOPRAM
lactation interaction for PEXOPRAM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PEXOPRAM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PEXOPRAM
- PRAMIPEX 0.125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 4.20/tabletRs. 42pay 14% more per tablet
- PRAMIROL 0.125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.80/tabletRs. 38pay 3% more per tablet
- MIRATOR 0.125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.80/tabletRs. 38pay 3% more per tablet
- PRAMITREM 0.125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 2.90/tabletRs. 29save 22% more per tablet
- REMIPEX 0.125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.64/tabletRs. 26.35save 29% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
Expert advice for PEXOPRAM
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney disease, hallucinations (seeing, hearing or feeling non-existent things), dyskinesia (uncontrolled limb movement), sleepiness or sudden episodes of falling asleep, vision impairment, psychosis (comparable to schizophrenia), severe heart or blood vessel disease, symptoms more than usual and involving other limbs also.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you or your family notice changes in behaviour (such as unusual urges or craving to behave in a certain manner, impulsive urge or temptation to behave in a manner harmful to other or self, mania or delirium).
- Pramipexole is not recommended for use in children or adolescents less than 18 years of age.
- Avoid taking any other antipsychotic medication with pramipexole.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as pramipexole may cause hallucination or sleepiness.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while on this therapy as it may worsen the side effects.
- Doses should not be increased more frequently than every 5-7 days.
- Take precautions while taking pramipexole as it may cause or exacerbate dyskinesia (sudden uncontrollable limb movements).
Frequently asked questions for PEXOPRAM
Q.Is pramipexole a steroid/ benzodiazepine/ opiate/ mono amine oxidase inhibitor/ narcotic/ controlled substance?
No, pramipexole is not a steroid/ benzodiazepine/ opiate/ mono amine oxidase inhibitor/ narcotic/ controlled substance
Q.Is pramipexole addictive?
Pramipexole is not known to be addictive
Q.Is pramipexole safe?
Pramipexole is safe at a dose and for a duration recommended by your doctor for your specific condition
Q.Does pramipexole cause hair loss/ constipation/ weight gain/ sleepiness/ give a high feeling/ weight loss/ increased libido/ insomnia?
Pramipexole is not known to cause hair loss/ give a high feeling. Constipation/ weight gain/ sleepiness/ weight loss/ increased libido are side effects of pramipexole. If you observe any side effect while on therapy, inform your doctor immediately
Q.Can I take ibuprofen with pramipexole?
There are no known adverse events on taking ibuprofen with pramipexole. However, follow the advice of doctor before taking any medication when on pramipexole therapy.