Information about Pramipexole
How Pramipexole works
Pramipexole works by increasing the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger that is needed to control movement in the brain.
Common side effects of Pramipexole
Nausea, Fatigue, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Constipation, Hallucination, Dryness in mouth, Peripheral edema
Available Medicine for Pramipexole
PramipexSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹51 to ₹3159 variant(s)
PramirolIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹49 to ₹56310 variant(s)
PexopramLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹40 to ₹1434 variant(s)
MiratorTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹45 to ₹1544 variant(s)
PramiriseArinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd
₹129 to ₹1772 variant(s)
PrexolAlteus Biogenics Pvt Ltd
₹42 to ₹2099 variant(s)
RemipexTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹26 to ₹1625 variant(s)
FexopramLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
PramiD D Pharmaceuticals
₹62 to ₹902 variant(s)
₹62 to ₹5304 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pramipexole
- You have been prescribed Pramipexole to treat your symptoms of Parkinson's disease and/or restless leg syndrome.
- It can be taken with or without food. Taking it with food may reduce nausea.
- Inform your doctor if you develop compulsive behaviors that are hard to control, such as binge eating, gambling, spending money, and sexual urges.
- Avoid activities that require you to be alert, such as driving a car until you know how this medication affects you.
- When you first start taking Pramipexole, it may cause sudden drop in your blood pressure when you change positions. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Talk to your doctor in case you develop hallucinations or other changes in your behavior.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- For restless leg syndrome, take this medicine 2 to 3 hours before bedtime.