Information about Pramipexole
How pramipexole works
Pramipexole works by increasing the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger that is needed to control movement in the brain.
Common side effects of pramipexole
Dizziness, Sleepiness, Nausea, Dryness in mouth, Fatigue, Hallucination, Constipation, Peripheral edema
Available Medicine for Pramipexole
- ₹45 to ₹296Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹473Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹38 to ₹154Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹143La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹125Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹169Alteus Biogenics Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹106 to ₹177Arinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹179Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹398Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹73Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pramipexole
- You have been prescribed Pramipexole to treat your symptoms of Parkinson's disease and/or restless leg syndrome.
- It can be taken with or without food. Taking it with food may reduce nausea.
- Inform your doctor if you develop compulsive behaviors that are hard to control, such as binge eating, gambling, spending money, and sexual urges.
- Avoid activities that require you to be alert, such as driving a car until you know how this medication affects you.
- When you first start taking Pramipexole, it may cause sudden drop in your blood pressure when you change positions. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Talk to your doctor in case you develop hallucinations or other changes in your behavior.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- For restless leg syndrome, take this medicine 2 to 3 hours before bedtime.
Frequently asked questions for Pramipexole
Q. Is pramipexole a steroid/ benzodiazepine/ opiate/ mono amine oxidase inhibitor/ narcotic/ controlled substance?
No, pramipexole is not a steroid/ benzodiazepine/ opiate/ mono amine oxidase inhibitor/ narcotic/ controlled substance
Q. Is pramipexole addictive?
Pramipexole is not known to be addictive
Q. Is pramipexole safe?
Pramipexole is safe at a dose and for a duration recommended by your doctor for your specific condition
Q. Does pramipexole cause hair loss/ constipation/ weight gain/ sleepiness/ give a high feeling/ weight loss/ increased libido/ insomnia?
Pramipexole is not known to cause hair loss/ give a high feeling. Constipation/ weight gain/ sleepiness/ weight loss/ increased libido are side effects of pramipexole. If you observe any side effect while on therapy, inform your doctor immediately
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with pramipexole?
There are no known adverse events on taking ibuprofen with pramipexole. However, follow the advice of doctor before taking any medication when on pramipexole therapy.